[Q] Voice communication within a party

I and a friend have been questing using TeamSpeak
(http://www.goteamspeak.com/news.php) to communicate via voice over internet
as we play. This has been enormously helpful in coordinating our attacks
(I'm a priest, he's a warrior). I've gotten to the point where I so much
prefer using voice during group quests/raids, that I almost never accept
invitations to join a pick-up group -- Not because I wouln't have fun, but
because I just couldn't be as effective as I would want to be.

In browsing for TeamSpeak servers, I noticed that a lot exist that have WoW
channels, leading me to suspect that voice-comm is not uncommon in Wow.
2 answers Last reply
More about voice communication party

    My 4 buddies and I use Ventrilo as well. We rented a server ($50 for a
    10 user server for 1 year) that we use.

    "Michael T. Peterson" <mtp1032@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I and a friend have been questing using TeamSpeak
    >(http://www.goteamspeak.com/news.php) to communicate via voice over internet as
    >we play. This has been enormously helpful in coordinating our attacks (I'm a
    >priest, he's a warrior). I've gotten to the point where I so much prefer using
    >voice during group quests/raids, that I almost never accept invitations to join
    >a pick-up group -- Not because I wouln't have fun, but because I just couldn't
    >be as effective as I would want to be.
    >
    > In browsing for TeamSpeak servers, I noticed that a lot exist that have WoW
    > channels, leading me to suspect that voice-comm is not uncommon in Wow.

    My guild has a Ventrilo (another voice chat program) server that we use for all
    our raids with our guild, and our allied guilds.

    I also have a Ventrilo server set up on one of my computer for PUGs when people
    have Ventrilo installed/dont mind spending 2 minutes to install it.

World Of Warcraft Warcraft Video Games