  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 5, 2005 12:14:39 PM

I and a friend have been questing using TeamSpeak
(http://www.goteamspeak.com/news.php) to communicate via voice over internet
as we play. This has been enormously helpful in coordinating our attacks
(I'm a priest, he's a warrior). I've gotten to the point where I so much
prefer using voice during group quests/raids, that I almost never accept
invitations to join a pick-up group -- Not because I wouln't have fun, but
because I just couldn't be as effective as I would want to be.

In browsing for TeamSpeak servers, I noticed that a lot exist that have WoW
channels, leading me to suspect that voice-comm is not uncommon in Wow.

More about : voice communication party

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 5, 2005 2:11:47 PM

My 4 buddies and I use Ventrilo as well. We rented a server ($50 for a
10 user server for 1 year) that we use.
August 5, 2005 4:05:02 PM

"Michael T. Peterson" <mtp1032@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I and a friend have been questing using TeamSpeak
>(http://www.goteamspeak.com/news.php) to communicate via voice over internet as
>we play. This has been enormously helpful in coordinating our attacks (I'm a
>priest, he's a warrior). I've gotten to the point where I so much prefer using
>voice during group quests/raids, that I almost never accept invitations to join
>a pick-up group -- Not because I wouln't have fun, but because I just couldn't
>be as effective as I would want to be.
>
> In browsing for TeamSpeak servers, I noticed that a lot exist that have WoW
> channels, leading me to suspect that voice-comm is not uncommon in Wow.

My guild has a Ventrilo (another voice chat program) server that we use for all
our raids with our guild, and our allied guilds.

I also have a Ventrilo server set up on one of my computer for PUGs when people
have Ventrilo installed/dont mind spending 2 minutes to install it.
!