6600 firmware 5.27 info here

Had a search on internet and found this list, 6600 V5.27.0
improvements.

Not sure if its 100% genuine but for anyone interested here it is:

6600: v5.27.0 improvements:
Quote:

Java
- User Agent added to Http Post command
- URL encoding in GET JAR disabled
- Java application download to MMC
- DRM files visible in application manager
- Improvements in java downloading through WAP
- Improvements in COD and DRM downloading

Browser
- Cookie load/unload case in browser UI corrected
- Corrections in browser to present operator wap pages correctly
- Application stability improved when starting streaming via browser
- Support for php link

Messaging
- WBMP supported in MMS
- MMS presentation improvements
- MMS forward with SMIL presentation
- Animated GIF
- Two slide MMS with image and video clip
- Jpeg support in email
- RFM ringing tones added to the list of not forwardable ringing tones
- SMS case in Chinese variant corrected

Bluetooth
- Interoperability improvements with PDA devices
- Security improvements against hackers in SDP services
- Stability with carkit connection improved

Networking
- HTTP transmission optimization

Streaming
- Streaming connection handling inprovements

Accessories
- Ringtones and warning tones routed to both Bluetooth accessories and
intergraded handsfree in terminal side
- Ringing tone improvements when using HDB-5 and HS-3W headsets

Languages/variants
- Video Recorder default file name changed to English in Arabic and
Hebrew variants
- Automatic language feature support more languages
- Camera help text updated in Chinese variants

Other changes
- Speed of opening phonebook application improved when phonebook
contains lot of entries
- Speed of opening calender application is improved when calender
contains a lot of notes
- Power consumption decreased when terminal is in screen saver mode
- Power consumption decreased when bluetooth accessory connected
- Ringtone loudness increased when vibra is on to the same level than
when vibra is off
- RMF format added to Closed Content List
7 answers Last reply
More about 6600 firmware info here

    Quoth The Raven "eggster2k <eggster2k@NOSPAMbreathe.com>" in
    kbo5j01qeuobbql8acnf77eojkfn143uq1@4ax.com
    > Had a search on internet and found this list, 6600 V5.27.0
    > improvements.
    >
    > Not sure if its 100% genuine but for anyone interested here it is:
    >
    > 6600: v5.27.0 improvements:
    > Quote:
    >
    > Java
    > - User Agent added to Http Post command
    > - URL encoding in GET JAR disabled
    > - Java application download to MMC
    > - DRM files visible in application manager
    > - Improvements in java downloading through WAP
    > - Improvements in COD and DRM downloading
    >
    > Browser
    > - Cookie load/unload case in browser UI corrected
    > - Corrections in browser to present operator wap pages correctly
    > - Application stability improved when starting streaming via browser
    > - Support for php link
    >
    > Messaging
    > - WBMP supported in MMS
    > - MMS presentation improvements
    > - MMS forward with SMIL presentation
    > - Animated GIF
    > - Two slide MMS with image and video clip
    > - Jpeg support in email
    > - RFM ringing tones added to the list of not forwardable ringing tones
    > - SMS case in Chinese variant corrected
    >
    > Bluetooth
    > - Interoperability improvements with PDA devices
    > - Security improvements against hackers in SDP services
    > - Stability with carkit connection improved
    >
    > Networking
    > - HTTP transmission optimization
    >
    > Streaming
    > - Streaming connection handling inprovements
    >
    > Accessories
    > - Ringtones and warning tones routed to both Bluetooth accessories and
    > intergraded handsfree in terminal side
    > - Ringing tone improvements when using HDB-5 and HS-3W headsets
    >
    > Languages/variants
    > - Video Recorder default file name changed to English in Arabic and
    > Hebrew variants
    > - Automatic language feature support more languages
    > - Camera help text updated in Chinese variants
    >
    > Other changes
    > - Speed of opening phonebook application improved when phonebook
    > contains lot of entries
    > - Speed of opening calender application is improved when calender
    > contains a lot of notes
    > - Power consumption decreased when terminal is in screen saver mode
    > - Power consumption decreased when bluetooth accessory connected
    > - Ringtone loudness increased when vibra is on to the same level than
    > when vibra is off
    > - RMF format added to Closed Content List

    where do i get it and how do i install it?

    --
    Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

    REALITY.SYS corrupted... Reboot universe? (Y/N)

    You CAN'T do this yourself, but you'll have to go to a Nokia Service Point
    in your country!

    I'll hope Nokia will change the policy of this (firmware upgrades), as with
    Siemens-mobiles, you can perform a software-update yourself!

    --
    Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
    My firmware:

    "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> schreef in bericht
    > Quoth The Raven "eggster2k <eggster2k@NOSPAMbreathe.com>" in
    > kbo5j01qeuobbql8acnf77eojkfn143uq1@4ax.com
    >> Had a search on internet and found this list, 6600 V5.27.0
    >> improvements.
    >>
    >> Not sure if its 100% genuine but for anyone interested here it is:
    >>
    >> 6600: v5.27.0 improvements:
    >> Quote:

    ---

    "Henk Loosbroek" <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl> wrote in message
    > You CAN'T do this yourself, but you'll have to go to a Nokia Service Point
    > in your country!
    >
    > I'll hope Nokia will change the policy of this (firmware upgrades), as
    > with Siemens-mobiles, you can perform a software-update yourself!
    >
    > --
    > Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
    > My firmware:
    > Nokia 6600 -> v4.09.1 (26-02-04)
    >

    > "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> schreef in bericht
    >> Quoth The Raven "eggster2k <eggster2k@NOSPAMbreathe.com>" in
    >> kbo5j01qeuobbql8acnf77eojkfn143uq1@4ax.com
    >>> Had a search on internet and found this list, 6600 V5.27.0
    >>> improvements.
    >>>
    >>> Not sure if its 100% genuine but for anyone interested here it is:
    >>>
    >>> 6600: v5.27.0 improvements:
    >>> Quote:
    >

    > ---

    Yep i want to upgrade mine. I guess thay charge for this?

    ta

    www.ngage.me.uk

    Quoth The Raven "Henk Loosbroek <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl>" in
    chrjka$h7f$1@news3.tilbu1.nb.home.nl
    > You CAN'T do this yourself, but you'll have to go to a Nokia Service
    > Point in your country!
    >
    > I'll hope Nokia will change the policy of this (firmware upgrades), as
    > with Siemens-mobiles, you can perform a software-update yourself!

    thanks, I'll look into servicing it

    --
    Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

    If you are willing to admit faults, you have one less fault to admit.

    Firmware 5.27 however is NOT available in Holland yet; is 5.27 already
    available somewhere else ?

    --

    > Quoth The Raven "Henk Loosbroek <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl>" in
    > chrjka$h7f$1@news3.tilbu1.nb.home.nl
    >> You CAN'T do this yourself, but you'll have to go to a Nokia Service
    >> Point in your country!
    >>
    >> I'll hope Nokia will change the policy of this (firmware upgrades), as
    >> with Siemens-mobiles, you can perform a software-update yourself!
    >>

    > thanks, I'll look into servicing it
    >
    > --
    > Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
    >
    > If you are willing to admit faults, you have one less fault to admit.

    ---

    On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, at 09:03:42 [GMT +0200] (17:03:42 Friday, 10 September
    2004 where I live) "Henk Loosbroek" wrote:

    > I'll hope Nokia will change the policy of this (firmware upgrades), as with
    > Siemens-mobiles, you can perform a software-update yourself!

    Same with Sony Ericsson. About time Nokia caught up!

    --
    It's hard to RTFM when you can't find the FM..

    On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, at 14:47:11 [GMT +0100] (23:47:11 Friday, 10 September
    2004 where I live) "www.ngage.me.uk" wrote:

    > Yep i want to upgrade mine. I guess thay charge for this?

    Not if under warranty.

Nokia