  • Nokia
Last response: in Brands
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 1:15:44 PM

Had a search on internet and found this list, 6600 V5.27.0
improvements.

Not sure if its 100% genuine but for anyone interested here it is:

6600: v5.27.0 improvements:
Quote:

Java
- User Agent added to Http Post command
- URL encoding in GET JAR disabled
- Java application download to MMC
- DRM files visible in application manager
- Improvements in java downloading through WAP
- Improvements in COD and DRM downloading

Browser
- Cookie load/unload case in browser UI corrected
- Corrections in browser to present operator wap pages correctly
- Application stability improved when starting streaming via browser
- Support for php link

Messaging
- WBMP supported in MMS
- MMS presentation improvements
- MMS forward with SMIL presentation
- Animated GIF
- Two slide MMS with image and video clip
- Jpeg support in email
- RFM ringing tones added to the list of not forwardable ringing tones
- SMS case in Chinese variant corrected

Bluetooth
- Interoperability improvements with PDA devices
- Security improvements against hackers in SDP services
- Stability with carkit connection improved

Networking
- HTTP transmission optimization

Streaming
- Streaming connection handling inprovements

Accessories
- Ringtones and warning tones routed to both Bluetooth accessories and
intergraded handsfree in terminal side
- Ringing tone improvements when using HDB-5 and HS-3W headsets

Languages/variants
- Video Recorder default file name changed to English in Arabic and
Hebrew variants
- Automatic language feature support more languages
- Camera help text updated in Chinese variants

Other changes
- Speed of opening phonebook application improved when phonebook
contains lot of entries
- Speed of opening calender application is improved when calender
contains a lot of notes
- Power consumption decreased when terminal is in screen saver mode
- Power consumption decreased when bluetooth accessory connected
- Ringtone loudness increased when vibra is on to the same level than
when vibra is off
- RMF format added to Closed Content List

More about : 6600 firmware info

Anonymous
September 10, 2004 8:42:38 PM

Quoth The Raven "eggster2k <eggster2k@NOSPAMbreathe.com>" in
kbo5j01qeuobbql8acnf77eojkfn143uq1@4ax.com
> Had a search on internet and found this list, 6600 V5.27.0
> improvements.
>
> Not sure if its 100% genuine but for anyone interested here it is:
>
> 6600: v5.27.0 improvements:
> Quote:
>
> Java
> - User Agent added to Http Post command
> - URL encoding in GET JAR disabled
> - Java application download to MMC
> - DRM files visible in application manager
> - Improvements in java downloading through WAP
> - Improvements in COD and DRM downloading
>
> Browser
> - Cookie load/unload case in browser UI corrected
> - Corrections in browser to present operator wap pages correctly
> - Application stability improved when starting streaming via browser
> - Support for php link
>
> Messaging
> - WBMP supported in MMS
> - MMS presentation improvements
> - MMS forward with SMIL presentation
> - Animated GIF
> - Two slide MMS with image and video clip
> - Jpeg support in email
> - RFM ringing tones added to the list of not forwardable ringing tones
> - SMS case in Chinese variant corrected
>
> Bluetooth
> - Interoperability improvements with PDA devices
> - Security improvements against hackers in SDP services
> - Stability with carkit connection improved
>
> Networking
> - HTTP transmission optimization
>
> Streaming
> - Streaming connection handling inprovements
>
> Accessories
> - Ringtones and warning tones routed to both Bluetooth accessories and
> intergraded handsfree in terminal side
> - Ringing tone improvements when using HDB-5 and HS-3W headsets
>
> Languages/variants
> - Video Recorder default file name changed to English in Arabic and
> Hebrew variants
> - Automatic language feature support more languages
> - Camera help text updated in Chinese variants
>
> Other changes
> - Speed of opening phonebook application improved when phonebook
> contains lot of entries
> - Speed of opening calender application is improved when calender
> contains a lot of notes
> - Power consumption decreased when terminal is in screen saver mode
> - Power consumption decreased when bluetooth accessory connected
> - Ringtone loudness increased when vibra is on to the same level than
> when vibra is off
> - RMF format added to Closed Content List

where do i get it and how do i install it?

--
Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

REALITY.SYS corrupted... Reboot universe? (Y/N)
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 8:42:39 PM

You CAN'T do this yourself, but you'll have to go to a Nokia Service Point
in your country!

I'll hope Nokia will change the policy of this (firmware upgrades), as with
Siemens-mobiles, you can perform a software-update yourself!

--
Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
My firmware:

"Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> schreef in bericht
> Quoth The Raven "eggster2k <eggster2k@NOSPAMbreathe.com>" in
> kbo5j01qeuobbql8acnf77eojkfn143uq1@4ax.com
>> Had a search on internet and found this list, 6600 V5.27.0
>> improvements.
>>
>> Not sure if its 100% genuine but for anyone interested here it is:
>>
>> 6600: v5.27.0 improvements:
>> Quote:

---
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 8:42:40 PM

"Henk Loosbroek" <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl> wrote in message
> You CAN'T do this yourself, but you'll have to go to a Nokia Service Point
> in your country!
>
> I'll hope Nokia will change the policy of this (firmware upgrades), as
> with Siemens-mobiles, you can perform a software-update yourself!
>
> --
> Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
> My firmware:
> Nokia 6600 -> v4.09.1 (26-02-04)
>

> "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> schreef in bericht
>> Quoth The Raven "eggster2k <eggster2k@NOSPAMbreathe.com>" in
>> kbo5j01qeuobbql8acnf77eojkfn143uq1@4ax.com
>>> Had a search on internet and found this list, 6600 V5.27.0
>>> improvements.
>>>
>>> Not sure if its 100% genuine but for anyone interested here it is:
>>>
>>> 6600: v5.27.0 improvements:
>>> Quote:
>

> ---

Yep i want to upgrade mine. I guess thay charge for this?

ta

www.ngage.me.uk
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 9:10:58 PM

Quoth The Raven "Henk Loosbroek <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl>" in
chrjka$h7f$1@news3.tilbu1.nb.home.nl
> You CAN'T do this yourself, but you'll have to go to a Nokia Service
> Point in your country!
>
> I'll hope Nokia will change the policy of this (firmware upgrades), as
> with Siemens-mobiles, you can perform a software-update yourself!

thanks, I'll look into servicing it

--
Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

If you are willing to admit faults, you have one less fault to admit.
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 9:10:59 PM

Firmware 5.27 however is NOT available in Holland yet; is 5.27 already
available somewhere else ?

--

> Quoth The Raven "Henk Loosbroek <henklbrNOSPAM@home.nl>" in
> chrjka$h7f$1@news3.tilbu1.nb.home.nl
>> You CAN'T do this yourself, but you'll have to go to a Nokia Service
>> Point in your country!
>>
>> I'll hope Nokia will change the policy of this (firmware upgrades), as
>> with Siemens-mobiles, you can perform a software-update yourself!
>>

> thanks, I'll look into servicing it
>
> --
> Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
>
> If you are willing to admit faults, you have one less fault to admit.

---
September 11, 2004 12:10:16 AM

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, at 09:03:42 [GMT +0200] (17:03:42 Friday, 10 September
2004 where I live) "Henk Loosbroek" wrote:

> I'll hope Nokia will change the policy of this (firmware upgrades), as with
> Siemens-mobiles, you can perform a software-update yourself!

Same with Sony Ericsson. About time Nokia caught up!

--
It's hard to RTFM when you can't find the FM..
Anonymous

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, at 14:47:11 [GMT +0100] (23:47:11 Friday, 10 September
2004 where I live) "www.ngage.me.uk" wrote:

> Yep i want to upgrade mine. I guess thay charge for this?

Not if under warranty.