Sign in with
Your question

Is it possible for 2 people to play games at the same time using Virtual Machine

Last response: in Windows 7
February 7, 2012 9:59:55 AM

Is it possible for 2 people to play games at the same time using Virtual Machine. Ive never done anything with vm's b4 but just wondering because i know you can split assign a certain ammount of ram and processing cores if im not mistaken? how about GPU power?
a c 232 $ Windows 7
February 7, 2012 11:02:11 AM

No. How would you both access the same keyboard and monitor at the same time? Even if you could, it would be slow since all resources will be divided between OS's.
m
l
February 7, 2012 11:33:04 AM

Sorry i meant with 2 monitors , keyboards and mice. Also the computer running it would have fairly high specs. (2600k @ 4.7, gtx570 oced, 16gb ram )
m
l
Related resources
a c 232 $ Windows 7
February 7, 2012 11:38:52 AM

How would the video card be shared for gaming? That's an aweful lot of pixels to push out. I can't see this being done, especially since most VM's don't support directx.
m
l
February 7, 2012 11:42:27 AM

ah ok i didnt know that, yeh I didnt think the gpu power would be easy to split even if vm's did support directx. thanks
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 7, 2012 4:57:13 PM

Hi :) 

NO...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
February 7, 2012 6:12:56 PM

I don't beleive this is completely impossible, just not easy, you'd need two video cards non sli/crossfire to run each monitor, vm for each video card, one would have to use a controller or something to avoid keyboard mouse conflict. I'm pretty sure it's possible, i'll be trying this and updating.
EDIT: Then again you wouldn't need to run a vm to do this if you have to non sli/crossfire cards two monitors and a controller for one user. So nevermind i won't need to test, I know you can run multiple clients of MMO games across different video cards, so this is possible without needing to use a vm.
m
l
!