BSOD help!

molten1337

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Hi guys,

I just recently built my new rig and i keep getting blue screens of death!
I current have gotten "memory_management 0x00000001a 6 times" and "system_service_exception 0x000000003b once".

Help please!

Thanks,
Josh

Memory.

0x1A = MEMORY_MANAGMENT, which basically means the OS has detected a memory problem.

0x3B = SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, which means a windows service crashed. As these services are typically rock solid, you generally see this BSOD when a RAM error causes memory corruption which then crashes the service.

Take out each stick of RAM, and test each one indivudally with memtest86 until you find the one that is at fault.

As a general rule:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO [0xA]
MEMORY_MANAGMENET [0x1A]
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION [0x3B]

All of these messages can happen for a few reasons, though the most likely one is RAM related. Whenever I see any combination of two out of these three errors, I ALWAYS suspect RAM.

molten1337

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Just tested my memory sticks and there where no errors. I did one pass in 10 mins and then left it for 40mins and nothing else had happened? Should I leave it longer or what?

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010

download prime95

it will stress test your cpu/ram

or just ram

there are many guides on youtube on how to use it

if you can't recreate the problem in 24hours of running prime95 then i doubt it would be cpu/ram that is causing the issue

be warned your cpu temp might skyrocket as a result of using this program

Test each stick one at a time. For whever reason, memtest returns better results that way. I still suspect RAM though, so try taking out each stick of RAM [use only one at any one time] and run like normal. If you get a BSOD, try running with another stick.

molten1337

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Ive tried memtest on both sticks individually, no errors. Ill run p95 tomorrow before i go to school. Im at 4ghz from 3.3 should i try resetting cpu to stock? Ive already stress tested though and had no probs. 60degrees max.