Sign in with
Your question

Air Flow Direction for 200 mm Fan

Last response: in Components
January 3, 2013 4:22:10 AM

I have just placed order for a 200 mm fan (Cooler Master MegaFlow 200mm), and I was not sure whether to have a positive air flow for the fan or a negative one. As shown in the picture below I have the Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, which offers a fan on the removable side panel. If installed the fan will be centered right above the dual GPUs.
At the moment I have a net positive air pressure inside the case: the top 200 mm fan, the lower right 200 mm fan, and the dual 120 mm fans for the corsair Hydro H80 are all providing positive air pressure. The 120 mm fan in the bottom on the right of the PSU provides negative air pressure.
Any suggestions on the direction of air flow for the new fan I will be installing.

System Specifications:
i7-3930K
dual GTX 690
Corsair Vengeance 64 GB RAM
Seagate Barracuda 7200 2 TB

a b ) Power supply
January 3, 2013 6:39:42 AM

Usually coming in from the bottom and front and exhaust out of the top/back regardless of pressures.
January 3, 2013 12:12:04 PM

darth pravus said:
Usually coming in from the bottom and front and exhaust out of the top/back regardless of pressures.

Well Corsair indicated that I should have a positive air flow for the liquid cooler unit located in the back of the case. Are you saying i should change that?
a b ) Power supply
January 3, 2013 1:34:57 PM

I'm saying it makes very little difference it's more about directional flow to work with convection currents.
!