Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

My First PC Build (Gaming) HELP PLEASE

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
Share
August 19, 2012 8:14:23 AM

Hello everyone.

BUDGET: $950

I am currently Building a gaming computer for the first time. I am new to this but have done ALOT of research. My goal is to play games like Bf3 and the upcoming Crysis 3 on ultra settings at 40 fps or above. NOTE: I also do video editing on Vegas, Adobe AE, and photoshop and am likely to have all 3 of these programs running at once.

Questions:
Why so many Intel i5's when AMD FX 8 Core is cheaper??
Is my build SLI ready?
Will my GPU choice support BF3 Ultra at 40+ FPS online? NVIDIA's website says the 560 Ti will.
Mainly is everything that I have chose compatible with eachother??
These are the parts I have chosen thus far from Newegg.

Case:
COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN3-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $90
OR
Zalman Z9 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case Black $50

Motherboard:
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3 AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

CPU:
AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz Socket AM3 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor
(Best choice for the price for me)

Graphics Card:
EVGA 01G-P3-1561-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16
OR
SAPPHIRE 100355L Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
*Does the above GPU have PhysicsX. I have only heard little about PhysicsX.*

SSD:
OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-128G 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Hard Drive:
320GB Western Digital

Power Supply:
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom
ALREADY PURCHASED
*Will this work with my selected CPU?*

RAM:
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)

Optical Drive:
ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
DO I NOT WANT OEM?? WILL I NEED TO PURCHASE SEPERATE CORDS??

I appreciate the help ALOT.

More about : build gaming

Best solution

August 19, 2012 9:07:10 AM

Slightly over-bugdet

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3550 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.98 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($102.55 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($85.88 @ NCIX US)
Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($399.98 @ NCIX US)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $999.85
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-19 05:06 EDT-0400)

I left out the PSU since you say you have already purchased one.
Not sure if you need Windows or not.
Share
August 19, 2012 9:14:17 AM

nafoni said:
Slightly over-bugdet

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3550 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.98 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($102.55 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($85.88 @ NCIX US)
Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($399.98 @ NCIX US)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $999.85
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-19 05:06 EDT-0400)

I left out the PSU since you say you have already purchased one.
Not sure if you need Windows or not.


Thanks for your time, i'll take some of that into consideration. But I have already chosen all my parts and am looking for people to make suggestions based on what I have chosen.
Score
0
Related resources
August 19, 2012 7:29:55 PM

Advice anyone?
Score
0
August 19, 2012 8:09:10 PM

But when people feel you are making a bad decision....
-Bruce
Score
0
August 19, 2012 8:21:42 PM

dish_moose said:
But when people feel you are making a bad decision....
-Bruce


Then I would like an explanation as to why my decisions are bad. Instead of posting a completely different build and never coming back.

For example why Intel i5?
Score
0
August 19, 2012 8:26:30 PM

Performs better in games and has a better price:p erformance ratio.
Score
0
August 19, 2012 8:44:55 PM

azeem40 said:
Performs better in games and has a better price:p erformance ratio.


Thank you, so should I go with these if I go Intel then?
CPU: Intel Core i5-3550 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.98 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($102.55 @ Newegg)
Being new to building a computer 8 cores and 3.6GHz for $170 on Newegg is tempting. Especially hearing about what FX is. I use sony vegas for rendering, but if everyone says the Intel will outperform the AMD 8 core, and is worth the extra $30 then I will go for it.
Score
0
August 19, 2012 8:54:42 PM

ZachWenzel said:
Thank you, so should I go with these if I go Intel then?
CPU: Intel Core i5-3550 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.98 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($102.55 @ Newegg)

If you will not be overclocking or doing SLI, yes.
Score
0
August 19, 2012 9:15:41 PM

nafoni said:
If you will not be overclocking or doing SLI, yes.


I plan on overclocking, probably not SLI but would this work with SLI?

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Also for $20 more should I go with the i5 2500k?
Score
0
August 19, 2012 9:35:15 PM

Best answer selected by ZachWenzel.
Score
0
August 19, 2012 9:35:37 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
0
!