Twin frozr 7850 overclocking

G

I'm trying to overclock my new HD 7850 but some weird stuff keeps happening, i switched afterburner to unofficial overclocking mode without any problems. I can still push it to the max official overclocking limits without trouble (1050 mhz). For some reason i don't have a voltage meter in afterburner anymore. I did have it with my old 5770 so i don't know why it's gone now. so i'm not sure if the voltage is high enough to push it any further because then the card just starts acting weird in furmark and in-game. I'm not 100% sure it's related to voltage but i think it's to blame, any way i could fix these issues, i was planning to overclock it to 1102 mhz because it doesn't get hotter than 80C atm so i figured i still had some room for overclocking.

wow really odd everybody brags those cards can be OC to match a 580 very easy to reach that OC to hopefully the members that preach about that and tell everybody they get to buy the R7850 will have a easy fix for you have you try updating the drivers recently

G

never mind, i noticed a small error when i updated catalyst. I had 12.4 but catalyst control center wasn't opening so i updated to 12.6(no problems so far), turns out overdrive was disabled in 12.6 so oc'ing was impossible. Running at 1150mhz without breaking 80C

cool glad you figured it out :)