Sign in with
Your question
Closed

"Motherboard"

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 30, 2012 1:56:16 PM

Hi,..i want to use two nvidia cards for (SLI), with a motherboard for ATI crossfire,..my question is can this be done? Or would the graphic card have to match the motherboard? Thanks!

Tim :sol: 

More about : motherboard

a c 155 Î Nvidia
a c 1363 U Graphics card
a c 1099 V Motherboard
June 30, 2012 2:06:37 PM

The motherboard has to support SLI so it will work! If you tell us what motherboard we can help.
Score

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
a c 173 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
June 30, 2012 2:12:58 PM

rolli59 said:
The motherboard has to support SLI so it will work! If you tell us what motherboard we can help.

Simple software hack solves that problem with only a few clicks of a mouse. All it does is fool the forceware driver into thinking it is on a sli certified board and it works on most boards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NuXngcJSdQ Does work with newer drivers but mileage differs.

Just be sure that it is a proper board that does 16x16 or 8x8, not 16x4 as it really kills crossfire scaling and waters down sli by a noticeable degree.

http://www.overclock.net/t/670810/howto-sli-on-a-non-sl...
Related resources
June 30, 2012 2:15:07 PM

Hi,..sorry i left that info out,..the motherboard i have is Intel D975XBX. Thanks!

Score
June 30, 2012 2:20:21 PM

That is a good question. The answer is, Yes.....depending on your mbod selection! Some MBODs support both technologies. Example: Gigabyte X79-UD3. So, it's important for you to remember this when selecting your MBOD. Make sure that it states in the specs that it supports Crossfire AND SLI technologies.It should look somthing like this: Support for 4-way/2way AMD CrossFireX/Nvidia SLI technology. Then, make surwe that the MBOD has at least 2 PCIE 16 slots if you are going to use two GPUs. Also, your MBOD should come with the bridge for connecting the 2 cards. Good luck!

P.S. AAfter seeing which MBOD you are using, it does appear that you could make it work, as long as you can find the corect drivers, etc.
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a c 173 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
June 30, 2012 2:21:05 PM

Tim_60 said:
Hi,..sorry i left that info out,..the motherboard i have is Intel D975XBX. Thanks!

The hack will work on that board but be sure to upgrade to 8gb of ram and you will need a sli bridge in newer drivers.
Score
a c 155 Î Nvidia
a c 1363 U Graphics card
a c 1099 V Motherboard
June 30, 2012 2:26:36 PM

If you can find modded drivers that support that old chipset and the cards you are planning on using. Getting a little old, what CPU do you have in there since there is a limited CPU support? Which cards are you going to use?
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a c 173 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
June 30, 2012 2:31:17 PM

rolli59 said:
If you can find modded drivers that support that old chipset and the cards you are planning on using.

Don't need modded drivers, it is a stand alone hack that installs a script that fools the driver into thinking it is on a machine with a sli certified board. You can also update the drivers as before and the hack will still work including latest drivers. Just read through the thread but not everyone gets it working right the first time but when it does work it does pretty good without issue.
Score
June 30, 2012 6:06:33 PM

rolli59 said:
If you can find modded drivers that support that old chipset and the cards you are planning on using. Getting a little old, what CPU do you have in there since there is a limited CPU support? Which cards are you going to use?

Hi ..the cards i have are nvidia geforce 6800, and the CPU is a Intel Pentium 4 660 SL7Z5, 3.60GZ/2M/800/0B4 Thanks!

Score
a c 155 Î Nvidia
a c 1363 U Graphics card
a c 1099 V Motherboard
July 1, 2012 2:21:25 AM

Well you are dealing with some old hardware there. All I can say at least it is matching, have fun trying.
Score
July 1, 2012 6:11:34 AM

Best answer selected by Tim_60.
Score
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
July 1, 2012 8:35:37 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!