Best PVE Class

Hey I have a 44 UD Mage on Illidan and I am having alot of trouble grinding.
I can kill 2 maybe 3 guys but then I have to sit down for an eternity while
my mana/health regenerate. I noticed that a warrior just plows down mobs
and has lots of armour, a rogue kills them fast with a fast regen time, a
priest can just put up shield and heal, warlock seems like it just owns,
druids can heal+melee+magic what ever they want, shamans are just... Crazy
i'll put it that way. I was wondering what you all think the best PVE class
is and what could I do to level faster.

- Thanks
Mike

mikel

Mike Krystik wrote:
> Hey I have a 44 UD Mage on Illidan and I am having alot of trouble grinding.
> I can kill 2 maybe 3 guys but then I have to sit down for an eternity while
> my mana/health regenerate. I noticed that a warrior just plows down mobs
> and has lots of armour, a rogue kills them fast with a fast regen time, a
> priest can just put up shield and heal, warlock seems like it just owns,
> druids can heal+melee+magic what ever they want, shamans are just... Crazy
> i'll put it that way. I was wondering what you all think the best PVE class
> is and what could I do to level faster.

Easiest time I've had leveling is with an Enhancement-spec shaman. That
cahracter just chews through mobs. Next easiest is a rogue. Next is a mage.

When leveling my mage, I carry lots of mana potions, I conjure lots of
water, and I make sure I have a lot of bombs (he is an engineer). By
judicious use of all those aids I can reduce downtime quite a bit.

Leveling a previous mage I had very high spirit for a while, and that
helped some, but I think the current approach is better.

taipan

"Mike Krystik" <frozenthrone123421512421452@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Hey I have a 44 UD Mage on Illidan and I am having alot of trouble
> grinding. I can kill 2 maybe 3 guys but then I have to sit down for an
> eternity while my mana/health regenerate. I noticed that a warrior just
> plows down mobs and has lots of armour, a rogue kills them fast with a
> fast regen time, a priest can just put up shield and heal, warlock seems
> like it just owns, druids can heal+melee+magic what ever they want,
> shamans are just... Crazy i'll put it that way. I was wondering what you
> all think the best PVE class is and what could I do to level faster.

Different people will have different opinions and playstyles differ but in
my experiences levelling my hunter to 60 was effortless while levelling the
priest to the same level took twice as long. I also find the mage (ony 35
atm) a little distracting with the DT but if you mix wand usage with normal
fireball/frostbolt etc it can stretch out the time between recharge
sessions. Druid I've given up on at 37 as I just find it too slow (dps is
just not high enough) to level with. Warlock is very easy to solo with - i
usually send VW at the mob, apply 3 dots, then use wand - uses very little
mana.

Never really taken warrior beyond lvl 20 or rogue beyond 15 but with plenty
of bandages, no reason why they couldn;t just go on all day with minimal dt.

Just starting to level Shammy now and personally i still think they are
overpowered, nice ranged and melee damage, decent defence and res/self
res/heal/ghost wolf etc.but somehow i find the warlock more satisfying to
play.

--
Arathor[EU]
Taipan [60] NE Hunter | Gaijin [60] Human Priest

Seems to me that you are a poor mage :)

Mage grinds well since they have AOEs.

You grind mobs that don't cast spells or range attacks.

Mage is the easiest class to grind.

Mike Krystik wrote:
> Hey I have a 44 UD Mage on Illidan and I am having alot of trouble grinding.
> I can kill 2 maybe 3 guys but then I have to sit down for an eternity while
> my mana/health regenerate. I noticed that a warrior just plows down mobs
> and has lots of armour, a rogue kills them fast with a fast regen time, a
> priest can just put up shield and heal, warlock seems like it just owns,
> druids can heal+melee+magic what ever they want, shamans are just... Crazy
> i'll put it that way. I was wondering what you all think the best PVE class
> is and what could I do to level faster.
>
> - Thanks
> Mike

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Mike Krystik" <frozenthrone123421512421452@shaw.ca> wrote in

> Hey I have a 44 UD Mage on Illidan and I am having alot of trouble
> grinding. I can kill 2 maybe 3 guys but then I have to sit down for an
> eternity while my mana/health regenerate. I noticed that a warrior
> just plows down mobs and has lots of armour, a rogue kills them fast
> with a fast regen time, a priest can just put up shield and heal,
> warlock seems like it just owns, druids can heal+melee+magic what ever
> they want, shamans are just... Crazy i'll put it that way. I was
> wondering what you all think the best PVE class is and what could I do
> to level faster.

I've found that there is no "best" class in general. It's all based on the
player. I have friends that have become bored with one class or another,
and eventually hit on a class that they really enjoyed and shined in. It's
like real life, some people are great accountants and some people are great
welders.

rats

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2004

Is welding a Dwarf profession then ?. And at what level is a Mage accountant
able to do tax returns ?? ;-}

"Eric" <ericw2000@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Mike Krystik" <frozenthrone123421512421452@shaw.ca> wrote in
>
>> Hey I have a 44 UD Mage on Illidan and I am having alot of trouble
>> grinding. I can kill 2 maybe 3 guys but then I have to sit down for an
>> eternity while my mana/health regenerate. I noticed that a warrior
>> just plows down mobs and has lots of armour, a rogue kills them fast
>> with a fast regen time, a priest can just put up shield and heal,
>> warlock seems like it just owns, druids can heal+melee+magic what ever
>> they want, shamans are just... Crazy i'll put it that way. I was
>> wondering what you all think the best PVE class is and what could I do
>> to level faster.
>
> I've found that there is no "best" class in general. It's all based on the
> player. I have friends that have become bored with one class or another,
> and eventually hit on a class that they really enjoyed and shined in. It's
> like real life, some people are great accountants and some people are
> great
> welders.

Thanks for your imput guys. Ya I have a hunter and he seems pretty easy to
level. Maybe I will try a warlock.

I've tried all classes except warrior to lvl 20, my mains are a lvl 40
warlock and a lvl 35 mage.
>From all the classes, I really like my warlock much better than
anything else.
PvE? simple:
Send pet, apply 3 dots, use wand a couple of times, when mob is near
dying, just send pet to another mob, repeat. When pet is like 25%
health, have him use his special rest ability (back to full in like 3
seconds). Adds? no problemo! actually, thanks so I don't have to look
for another one. Mana? pfft you kidding me? that bar never goes under
half (except if you get 2 adds, then you can use a refreshing water)
I guess it's kinda like the same with hunters, but I found it so
similar to my warlock when they were both like lvl 15 that I just
parked the hunter.

Christian Stauffer wrote:
> "Sonnenschein" <margali@99main.com> wrote:
>
>> Christian Stauffer wrote:
Again: It's a travel form. It's there to get
> from point A to point B, and to dive for stuff without having to fear
> about running out of air.
>
>> You can also travel to the underwater area you need to quest in, and
>> flip between human form to fight/cast/heal and aquaform to regen your
>> airsupply so you dont drown. You can also harvest a *lot* of
>> stranglekelp=) which you can sell for cash or make into potions.
>

> As I said: A travel form.
>
> Chris

AS you like, but I dont consider using it to resupply air during a fight
as a travel form. It beats wasting a waaterbreathing potion=)

alex

> AS you like, but I dont consider using it to resupply air during a fight
> as a travel form. It beats wasting a waaterbreathing potion=)

On that note, yet OT (sorry). Don't swim your travel form through an air
bubble stream, it switches you back to air breathing without telling you,
and you'll drown :-(