Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Parrot CK3100 Problems

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
August 30, 2004 7:12:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Hi, I have just fitted a Parrot CK3100 into a 2002 Zafira DTi.

Kit is simple enough to install and initiall I thought all was OK.

In the car, reception/voice is excellent. The kit is excellent too.

But..........

People complained of a buzzing noise at there end so I tried to re-site the
control box away from anything (which is quite hard cos the dash is full of
wires and leads not long enough) to no avail. While out testing it with my
g.f on other end of phone she commented that she heard buzzing and her own
voice echoing bad quite badley as well as a lot or road noise. Anyone any
suggestions?

One thing I did notice is that if I leave the phone 6230 in the back of the
car then the buzzing goes away, its as if the phone is interfering with the
kit? How? Why? Stupid?

I used to have a cark-91 installed in a Toyota Hilux with absolutly no
problems even up to around 80mph and imagine the road noise on that thing!

So why am I having problems?

Steve

More about : parrot ck3100 problems

Anonymous
August 31, 2004 12:02:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:12:45 GMT, "Steve" <No@Way.com> wrote:

> its as if the phone is interfering with the
>kit? How? Why? Stupid?

Sounds possible. The GSM buzz from the phone could be getting into the
audio of the carkit.

Perhaps moving the phone higher up, in better coverage, or further
away from the dashboard, would be the best solution, but possibly
re-routing the microphone lead of the car kit may sort it.


--

Iain
the out-of-date hairydog guide to mobile phones
http://www.hairydog.co.uk/cell1.html
Browse now while stocks last!
August 31, 2004 8:51:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

<hairydog@despammed.com> wrote in message
news:hbu6j01cinha8ijoq92kplepnf2f3absbf@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:12:45 GMT, "Steve" <No@Way.com> wrote:
>
> > its as if the phone is interfering with the
> >kit? How? Why? Stupid?
>
> Sounds possible. The GSM buzz from the phone could be getting into the
> audio of the carkit.
>
> Perhaps moving the phone higher up, in better coverage, or further
> away from the dashboard, would be the best solution, but possibly
> re-routing the microphone lead of the car kit may sort it.
>
While testing the kit I did get the idea that the phone was interfering with
somethimg as the further I moved it away the better it got. Not really much
pint having the phone on the back seat and the phone holder on the dash
though?

Kits going back.

Steve
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 12:03:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:51:09 GMT, "Steve" <No@Way.com> wrote:

>Not really much
>pint having the phone on the back seat and the phone holder on the dash
>though?

Why have a phone holder in the first place? I leave the phone in my
pocket.


--

Iain
the out-of-date hairydog guide to mobile phones
http://www.hairydog.co.uk/cell1.html
Browse now while stocks last!
September 1, 2004 12:28:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

<hairydog@despammed.com> wrote in message
news:0si9j0llos9ai00qjtvr273j7rhehe2dob@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:51:09 GMT, "Steve" <No@Way.com> wrote:
>
> >Not really much
> >pint having the phone on the back seat and the phone holder on the dash
> >though?
>
> Why have a phone holder in the first place? I leave the phone in my
> pocket.
>
Better reception, can accept text messages, intermittantly use it for a GPRS
connection to a PDA for traffic info, to charge it, too uncomfortable in
pocket, if left in door pocket of car will scratch it to f**k

just personal preference too
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 3:14:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:28:47 GMT, "Steve" <No@Way.com> wrote:

>> Why have a phone holder in the first place? I leave the phone in my
>> pocket.
>>
>Better reception,

Try a shirt pocket

>can accept text messages,

True for in-pocket, unless you choose to read them when driving, which
seems extremely dangerous.

>intermittantly use it for a GPRS
>connection to a PDA for traffic info,

You have BT, why not use it?

>to charge it,

Fair enough

>too uncomfortable in
>pocket,

Eh? What sort of phone is this?

>if left in door pocket of car will scratch it to f**k

Car upgrade needed, methinks.

Personal preference includes being able to use the thing without
buzzing, I'd have thought.


--

Iain
the out-of-date hairydog guide to mobile phones
http://www.hairydog.co.uk/cell1.html
Browse now while stocks last!
Anonymous
September 4, 2004 2:23:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

I would drop a line to Parrot. I sent them an email once and had a response
from their President/CEO in less then an n hour regarding their policy on
Firmware Upgardes. Was astounded. At least givem a shot before you yank it
out.
I have the Drive Blue V 3.11 and it works quite well, for a device that you
slap into a cigarette lighter and plug a mike in.
BTW I have a second one that I never used if anyone is interested LOL
gasmask4u AT HotMAIL DoT CoM USA Based


"Steve" <No@Way.com> wrote in message
news:NtHYc.81672$b76.22765@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Hi, I have just fitted a Parrot CK3100 into a 2002 Zafira DTi.
>
> Kit is simple enough to install and initiall I thought all was OK.
>
> In the car, reception/voice is excellent. The kit is excellent too.
>
> But..........
>
> People complained of a buzzing noise at there end so I tried to re-site
the
> control box away from anything (which is quite hard cos the dash is full
of
> wires and leads not long enough) to no avail. While out testing it with my
> g.f on other end of phone she commented that she heard buzzing and her own
> voice echoing bad quite badley as well as a lot or road noise. Anyone any
> suggestions?
>
> One thing I did notice is that if I leave the phone 6230 in the back of
the
> car then the buzzing goes away, its as if the phone is interfering with
the
> kit? How? Why? Stupid?
>
> I used to have a cark-91 installed in a Toyota Hilux with absolutly no
> problems even up to around 80mph and imagine the road noise on that thing!
>
> So why am I having problems?
>
> Steve
>
>
September 6, 2004 3:53:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

<hairydog@despammed.com> wrote in message
news:0si9j0llos9ai00qjtvr273j7rhehe2dob@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:51:09 GMT, "Steve" <No@Way.com> wrote:
>
>>Not really much
>>pint having the phone on the back seat and the phone holder on the dash
>>though?
>
> Why have a phone holder in the first place? I leave the phone in my
> pocket.


To charge it and make outgoing calls? Some people have different priorities,
colouring the way they use their mobile in-car.

--
Andy.
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 2:00:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 23:53:34 +0000 (UTC), "Andy"
<replyheretofindout@hotmail.com> wrote:

>To charge it

Overcharging is more of a problem than undercharging with in-car use

>and make outgoing calls?

I can make outgoing calls with my mobile when it is in my pocket.
Voice dialling works well.

--

Iain
the out-of-date hairydog guide to mobile phones
http://www.hairydog.co.uk/cell1.html
Browse now while stocks last!
September 6, 2004 9:11:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

----- Original Message -----
From: <hairydog@despammed.com>
Newsgroups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2004 10:00 AM
Subject: Re: Parrot CK3100 Problems


>>To charge it
>
> Overcharging is more of a problem than undercharging with in-car use
>
>>and make outgoing calls?
>
> I can make outgoing calls with my mobile when it is in my pocket.
> Voice dialling works well.
>

I really don't think overcharging is an issue with Li-Ion batteries. I
thought they contained electronics and temp sensors which help against this?

My voice dial works well with contacts for whom I've pre-set spoken names,
but my mobile doesn't permit me to call out new numbers to it, "zero two
zero eight...," in the same way I can dial ad-hoc numbers with my fingers.
Having said that, Orange Widlfire is pretty spiffy at that kind of thing -
but I prefer the old fingers on the buttons method for this kind of thing.

--
Andy
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 11:35:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 17:11:37 +0000 (UTC), "Andy"
<replyheretofindout@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I really don't think overcharging is an issue with Li-Ion batteries. I
>thought they contained electronics and temp sensors which help against this?

Yes, but it still uses up charge cycle lives to do it.

>My voice dial works well with contacts for whom I've pre-set spoken names,
>but my mobile doesn't permit me to call out new numbers to it, "zero two
>zero eight...," in the same way I can dial ad-hoc numbers with my fingers.
>Having said that, Orange Widlfire is pretty spiffy at that kind of thing -
>but I prefer the old fingers on the buttons method for this kind of thing.

Yes, I use Wildfire for that. I can't be bothered with pressing
buttons when driving.


--

Iain
the out-of-date hairydog guide to mobile phones
http://www.hairydog.co.uk/cell1.html
Browse now while stocks last!
!