Stop Printer

Some time ago, I saw a post on how to stop a printer. An icon was written to
the desktop and clicking on it would stop the printer, pause it and start
again.

Can anyone tell me what this might consist of?

--
Cheers,
Trevor L.

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html
3 answers Last reply
More about stop printer

    You can just stop the Printer Spooler by typing Net Stop Spooler at the
    Start Run or the Command Prompt.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
    > Some time ago, I saw a post on how to stop a printer. An icon was written
    > to the desktop and clicking on it would stop the printer, pause it and
    > start again.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me what this might consist of?
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Trevor L.
    > Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au
    >

    > I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
    > http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

    Thank you.
    That was mainly what I was looking for. I can put it into a .bat file and
    create a shortcut to it.

    However, I seem to recall that I need to clear the buffers as well and the
    code I recall had some extra statements to pause for several seconds and
    then restart the printer

    Would this be something like:
    pause 10
    net start printer
    ?

    And would this clear the printer buffers?
    --
    Many thanks,

    Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
    > You can just stop the Printer Spooler by typing Net Stop Spooler at
    > the Start Run or the Command Prompt.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Some time ago, I saw a post on how to stop a printer. An icon was
    >> written to the desktop and clicking on it would stop the printer,
    >> pause it and start again.
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me what this might consist of?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Cheers,
    >> Trevor L.
    >> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au
    >>

    >> I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
    >> http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

    Try this

    @echo off
    net stop "print spooler"
    del /q "%SystemRoot%\system32\spool\PRINTERS\*.*"
    net start "print spooler"
    ping localhost -n 5 > nul

    I got it from a MS newsgroup a while ago.

    HTH

    --

    Mat Wilson

    > Thank you.
    > That was mainly what I was looking for. I can put it into a .bat file and
    > create a shortcut to it.
    >
    > However, I seem to recall that I need to clear the buffers as well and the
    > code I recall had some extra statements to pause for several seconds and
    > then restart the printer
    >
    > Would this be something like:
    > pause 10
    > net start printer
    > ?
    >
    > And would this clear the printer buffers?
    > --
    > Many thanks,
    > Trevor L.
    > Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au
    >
    > Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
    >> You can just stop the Printer Spooler by typing Net Stop Spooler at
    >> the Start Run or the Command Prompt.
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    >> Printing & Imaging
    >>

    >> "Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
    >>> Some time ago, I saw a post on how to stop a printer. An icon was
    >>> written to the desktop and clicking on it would stop the printer,
    >>> pause it and start again.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone tell me what this might consist of?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Cheers,
    >>> Trevor L.
    >>> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au
    >>>

    >>> I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
    >>> http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

Configuration Microsoft Customization Printers Windows XP