  • Customization
  • Printers
  • Windows XP
June 16, 2005 7:41:34 PM

Some time ago, I saw a post on how to stop a printer. An icon was written to
the desktop and clicking on it would stop the printer, pause it and start
again.

Can anyone tell me what this might consist of?

--
Cheers,
Trevor L.

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

More about : stop printer

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 7:41:35 PM

You can just stop the Printer Spooler by typing Net Stop Spooler at the
Start Run or the Command Prompt.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
news:o H0pPYjcFHA.2984@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Some time ago, I saw a post on how to stop a printer. An icon was written
> to the desktop and clicking on it would stop the printer, pause it and
> start again.
>
> Can anyone tell me what this might consist of?
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Trevor L.
> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au
>

> I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
> http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

Anonymous
June 17, 2005 3:10:47 PM

Thank you.
That was mainly what I was looking for. I can put it into a .bat file and
create a shortcut to it.

However, I seem to recall that I need to clear the buffers as well and the
code I recall had some extra statements to pause for several seconds and
then restart the printer

Would this be something like:
pause 10
net start printer
?

And would this clear the printer buffers?
--
Many thanks,

Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
> You can just stop the Printer Spooler by typing Net Stop Spooler at
> the Start Run or the Command Prompt.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
> news:o H0pPYjcFHA.2984@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Some time ago, I saw a post on how to stop a printer. An icon was
>> written to the desktop and clicking on it would stop the printer,
>> pause it and start again.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me what this might consist of?
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Trevor L.
>> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au
>>

>> I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
>> http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 5:08:52 PM

Try this

@echo off
net stop "print spooler"
del /q "%SystemRoot%\system32\spool\PRINTERS\*.*"
net start "print spooler"
ping localhost -n 5 > nul

I got it from a MS newsgroup a while ago.

HTH

--

Mat Wilson

!