Best psu for the money 2012

pradeep_21

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
i need to about three things
1.whats a good case and power supply
2.and do i need additional cooling for my graphics card and i do not plan to overclock
3.my specs are
amdphenom x6 1055t
4gb ddr3
radeon 6750 1gb ddr5
gigabyte 880gm usb3
500b seagate hd
lg dvd drive/burner
4.currently i am using cm350 psu which i think is not enough

payturr

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Cooler Master PSUs are garbage, never use it. For your usage, I would probably either use a 450-550W PSU. XFX, OCZ, Corsair, SeaSonic - they all are recommended for PSUs. If you live in America, right now you can get a Corsair CX500 (500W) for a solid 40$ from Newegg - that I recommend, and I recommend XFX PSUs because they're pretty value oriented, XFX is an awesome company, and they make a badass looking PSU. As for case, CM makes solid cases, as well as Fractal, Corsair, and other companies - this is all up to you. I like CM for their cases because they offer plenty of air flow, and for you, I would do an intake fan in the front of your case so that your GPU & PSU get some fresh air.
Hope I helped!

pradeep_21

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013

I'm not sure where you are located and I don't know what your budget is so take what I list with that in mind.

For a case the Cooler Master HAF 912 - High Air Flow Mid Tower Computer Case is easy to work on I've used them for builds and they aren't very expensive they run about $59 in my area.

For Power supplies I've had the best luck with Thermaltake. I'm running 3 in my computers and a Raidmax and a Antec. Antecs are very good but a bit more expensive. I bought a Cooler Master and it died after 6 months and its been in RMA for the last 4 weeks still waiting. I bought a Seasonic 650 Gold which is a highly rated brand it was such a pain getting the connectors on my drives I was afriad I'd snap the power buss of trying to get them on. The PS died after 8 hours so I returned it for credit and bought a Thermaltake SMART Series SP-750M 750W for about the same price of the Seasonic and its worked like a dream. I've never tried a Corsair models but I've read lots of positive reviews about them. I've used the Johnny Lucky Power Supply website for feed back on power supplies you should check it out.

http://www.johnnylucky.org/power-supplies/psu-recommendations.html

I'm not sure what your cooling solution is for your case I didn't see a case model listed. For good cooling I usually put a 12cm/120mm fan in the front to pull cool air into the case and usually there is a fan on the back of the case blowing the air out. If you don't have that setup I would highly recommend it. The 12cm/120mm fans move a lot of air and they are usually quieter then a 8cm/80mm fan. I hope this helps, good luck.

walterm

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
Specifics are important. Do you want to minimize costs for these specific components or is there an intended upgrade path?
My guess is the Gigabyte 880gm USB3 motherboard is not an overclocker. Not listing a cooler leads me to say the 1055t is using the stock cooler.
Do you want a case that accepts top line coolers or will this remain the same.
The CM 912 is an excellent case.
But in this case an mATX case would be smaller (yes smaller can be more frustrating to build.
Cooler Master, Rosewill, and Fractal design offer good mATX cases.
Power supplies \, my choices usually depend on what is on sale, and future plans.
Your current components would be fine with a very good unit like a Seasonic 350G, or a Rosewill 450 Capstone..
newegg cyber week sale, Rosewill Challenger U3 is $40 shipped BEFORE $15 Rebate for an ATX case with 3 fans and USB 3.
Rosewill 450 Capstone at $50, is hard to beat quality at that price.

TRENDING THREADS