Dr Debug code A2 HELP!! cant even get the pc started.

jsrich

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
I am getting the Dr Debug error code A2, I have tried everything, take out the GPU, plug monitor in to the mobo instead of gpu, plug only the keyboard in, plug in different keyboard, plug keyboard in to the usb 2.0 slot, make sure power is connected everywhere..

Specs:

i7-3770k
HD 7970
ASRock z77 Extreme4
16gig ram

I cant even get the thing started :/ please help someone!!

EDIT: Have just pulled EVERYTHING apart, did an external build, exact same error came up and im sure everything is done correct

Nothing even shows up on the screen

jsrich

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

fans are rotating, just nothing else happens after i hit the start button. The brand is Corsair Vengeance, Antec 750W high current gamer i think..

Im just tired of trying everything, spending so much money and not getting anywhere :/

jsrich

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

No, The mini speaker that is plugged in to the speaker port thing on the MOBO doesnt even make a beep.

The screen does nothing, it doesnt even matter if there screen is plugged in it still makes the same error

So make a minimum rig. Just one RAM module (you can cycle it in other slots and try the other module in the same way) at a time, CPU, Powersupply. All other devices, including keyboard, mouse, GPU, HDD, SSD, DVD and USB are disconnected.
If that doesn´t work remove all RAM modules.
After that Clear Cmos (read manual how to)

Can you post a picture of your Rig?

mattbryant85

Honorable
May 17, 2013
After multiple attempts to get video to show with the Extreme4 770, You may have a compatibility issue with the CPU. The mobo bio may be outdated with more recent CPU such as: Alot of the new FX series. To fix this you can hard boot the system mutiple times. (powering on and off about 5 time for me) then you will force the system to recognize your video output. Then update driver and d/l the most recent bio from Asrock.com. Also you will want to load defaults from the bios and possibly reset CMOS. That is how i got mine to work and it I have had no problem since them. I say all this after 5 days of trying to diagnosing problems with the HW. Also this is a solution after all basic diag have been complete such as loose memory, GPU, and all secure connections.

THANKS, Hope this helps someone.