Closed Solved

HDD keeps shuting down

Hi
My HDD keeps shuting down while i'm working with the computer and a few second later it getting back to work. After five years it's the first time happening.And sometimes i can't load the windows.Any solution?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about shuting down
  1. I don't spose you've unplugged it recently? Unplug both cables and plug them back in to be sure. It's SATA or IDE? Disk may be dying (there's a good chance after five years' use) or could be a dodgy connection. You're hearing the disk spin down and back up again?
  2. Yes, i can hear. And the last time i removed it was last year.It's SATA.
  3. Best answer
    Well early SATA drives did have some issues with dodgy power connections causing exactly this kind of thing. If it hasn't been touched in a year though, I dunno why it would start now... obviously get your important files backed up ASAP and maybe take a look at some good some deals on hard disks/SSDs incase it does die. Meantime, try unplugging and plugging back in. Only other things I can think that could be failing are mobo and PSU, but HDD is more likely.
  4. I did unplug and plug back in and it looks fine, For now i think but as you said i should consider a ssd. Thank you very much :-)
  5. Best answer selected by True Blood.
  6. Pleasure :-) Samsung 830 is excellent if you can get one. Or an 840 Pro if it's not too much more expensive!
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Hard Drives Components