When computers off overnight no vga signal

Itzstash

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012
I have recently installed a new graphics card and powersource to my computer, after doing so my moniter says no VGA signal, I pluged a different moniter of the same type into a different port on my PC that doesnt use the graphics card so i could get a screen to mess with things, after disabling, unisintalling the old drivers from my old Gcard my monitor started working great with my new Gcard setup, only problem is everynight i go to sleep, if i leave computer on or turn it off, when i wake up it says no vga signal again....after using the Non graphics card port to play with random settings for a hour or two i finally get it working again....why does it work then stop working after a night of downtime? Im not the best with PCUs but this is very strange! any help is much appriciated

Edit, as far as i know my old Nvidia drivers are now completely removed so i don't think conflicting drivers is my issue now, i was hoping that it was and my problem was fixed but having same issue today =\

What do you mean:
"into a different port on my PC that doesn't use the graphics card"?

In your motherboard BIOS, do you have PCIe selected as the first, or only graphics source or do you have your motherboard selected?

It almost sounds like you have your motherboard's dedicated video selected in the BIOS as the primary graphics source instead of your dedicated graphics card (PCIe).

Itzstash

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012
What do you mean:
"into a different port on my PC that doesn't use the graphics card"?

Like, my moniter plugs into the back of the graphics card i installed normally, but the different port would be the 1 under it, just plugs into the PCs built in port, thats the best i can explain it really sorry, but ill look into this

Some computers have a video card built into the main board of the computer called the motherboard.

When you add your own graphics card you have to enable the BIOS so that the graphics card is chosen, not the onboard graphics.

I believe your solution is likely to:

1) start the computer and press F2 to enter the BIOS

2) find the section related to graphics and change it so that the PCIe card comes FIRST.

3) SAVE those settings

4) Turn OFF the PC.

5) Plug the monitor into the graphics card.

6) Start the PC.