Please help, network problems

jeannette@blue

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Hello, I am running windows vista :-( and for some reason windows can't find any networks even though there is one, my wireless is switched on and was working ok at my friends house a few days ago. I would appreciate some help as free wifi is much better than a dongle! Many thanks Jeannette

steimy

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
can you give a bit more detail about where your network is coming from? If it worked fine at a friends then i would say it rules out having a bad network card or anything like that.

Maybe you just have some settings that are off and that is why it is not connecting to the network you want.

jeannette@blue

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011

I am on a boat in a marina which has sky wifi which I am allowed to use, but windows can't find it, my phone however can see it no problem. Thanks

MtHoodlum

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
You need to eliminate more variables, it could be a problem with your computer or a problem with the network. Try another WiFi network or find out where the AP is located and go next to it. Reboot you computer, make sure your drivers are right, toggle your wireless switch. Also many WiFi service providers will have a technical support available.

David Dean
http://cobianet.com