Drewsommer

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
I want to build a cheap system (no more than $350 cdn) for a theater system with XBMC.

I need a blue-ray disc player,
a graphics card that can do 3D blue-ray playback,
Ram any,
motherboard any,
hard drive Preferably SSD (Don't need much space enough for OS and XBMC, some music, movies will be streamed from external 2tb or wifi),
cpu any,
HDMI out,
wifi card,
NO OS needed.
case I'd like a HTPC or small, (something aesthetically pleasing like a dvd or blue-ray player)

I don't recommend using a PSU that comes with a case, They are generally very low quality. Also, that memory module states that it is a 204-pin SO-DIMM and the motherboard uses 240 pin DIMMS. They are not compatible. The memory picture looks like a DIMM, but the description clearly states otherwise and is more likely to be correct than the picture.

lt_dan_zsu

Honorable
May 3, 2012

I thought is said 240 pin. I'm a bit dyslexic sometimes. Also the only reason I suggested a case with a PSU is because if you are going under like $450 that is often your only option.

With MIR, Corsair's excellent 430w PSU is $25 with free shipping at newegg.com

I don't know if that's not an option for OP because of area, but there's probably a similar deal in other places too.

You should be able to just use something like VLC (does it have Blu-Ray support yet?). There is free software for Blu-Ray movies, although I don't know for sure what supports what. Heck, many Blu-Ray players even throw in a free copy of proprietary software that plays Blu-Ray movies and other Blu-Ray TV.