Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Temporary extending 12v cable

Last response: in Components
January 3, 2013 2:36:06 PM

I was finishing my PC build, and I just realised that my PSU 12v cable is too short and i can't connect it to my motherboard. I'm using older PSU at the moment, but I'm getting new one next month. But I would like to use the computer now.

If i would use cables from my older PSU to extend my current 12v cable, would i have to solder em, or just twisting the correct cables and taping the exposed wire with electrical tape would work?
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
January 3, 2013 5:19:36 PM

Hi :) 

Either would work but a fire risk with twisting etc...

All the best Brett :) 
a b ) Power supply
a c 82 V Motherboard
January 3, 2013 6:47:47 PM

even old fashioned wire nuts work work temporarily.