Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Best ATI value for money

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 30, 2012 6:55:23 PM

I currently have a ATI Radeon HD 6570 as my graphics card. To be honest it's all I really need as I can play most of my games on decent settings (which was a surprise to me when I bought the card for £40). But I'm 15 and I've saved up some money from work and I've decided to treat myself and I knew my graphics card was holding me back from higher FPS so that's what I'm replacing. I want my new card to be ATI as well and want to spend between £75 - £150. Can anyone suggest anything?

More about : ati money

a c 106 U Graphics card
June 30, 2012 7:08:01 PM

The highest you can go on AMD's side would be the gtx 6870 in that price range. somewhat more will give access to the 6950 and the 7850



edit: is in assumption you have a psu that can support these cards.
Related resources
June 30, 2012 7:48:14 PM

I have a 750w 80+ Corsair PSU, is presumed that was enough for most cards in crossfire?
a c 106 U Graphics card
June 30, 2012 7:48:53 PM

jaywald said:
I have a 750w 80+ Corsair PSU, is presumed that was enough for most cards in crossfire?


then your good to go on power consumption, you definitely can crossfire when necessary.
a c 106 U Graphics card
June 30, 2012 8:11:40 PM

jaywald said:
I think I'm going to go this, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-Radeon-HD7770-Graphics...

What do think, is it good value for money and how much of an improvement will it be on my 6570?

Also, I don't really understand the whole Crossfire thing, will I be able to use two of these on this, http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASRock-970-EXTREME3-Extreme3-Mo...


1. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car... yes its a 5 tier jump, so you will definately see a good amount of performance gain.

2. yes the mobo has 2 pcie slots. AM3+ 970 boards are moderatly high end boards for amd
June 30, 2012 8:18:05 PM

Ok, thanks for your help, it's much appreciated!
June 30, 2012 8:24:24 PM

dudewitbow said:
The highest you can go on AMD's side would be the gtx 6870 in that price range. somewhat more will give access to the 6950 and the 7850



edit: is in assumption you have a psu that can support these cards.


GTX 6870 huh? loool
a c 106 U Graphics card
June 30, 2012 9:37:37 PM

EchoOne said:
But thats a used card isnt it? I usually never recomend buying a used video card but idk.



amazons front page sites are usually not used, unless you specifically click on the used section of a product.
June 30, 2012 9:41:27 PM

dudewitbow said:
amazons front page sites are usually not used, unless you specifically click on the used section of a product.


Ah i see,Yeah ive alwaysed used newegg for buying parts but amazon looks like they have some amazing deals on video cards and stuff.

a c 106 U Graphics card
June 30, 2012 9:58:15 PM

EchoOne said:
Ah i see,Yeah ive alwaysed used newegg for buying parts but amazon looks like they have some amazing deals on video cards and stuff.


the only bad thing about possibly using amazon vs newegg is that

1. less chance of sales
2. No free game coupon


other than that, amazon has free shipping with super saver shipping most of the time, and to states that have a local newegg in them(California, New Jersey and Tennessee) get taxed on newegg, so other vendors when paying for high cost cards are more preferred for these states, unless newegg has them for sale.
July 2, 2012 6:50:37 AM

EchoOne said:
Get the 6950 2gb version...You wil have less problems...6870's in crossfire is a nightmare with some games.

I'll do that, thanks for the advice!
!