CPU Fan runs on 5000 RPM

Sheeper

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
Hello people,

Recently I upgraded my computer with a processor AMD FX 8150, and everything went fine, until yesterday when my cpu fan started to run constantly between 5000 and 6000 RPM while working or gaming. On idle it gets down to 2000 - 3000 RPM, but once i start anything, even windows explorer it rises back.
(These numbers are taken both from Easy Tune 6 (got this with my MB) and BIOS).

As for temperatures, on idle it moves between 45 C and 55 C, while gaming it gets to 69 C.

I use stock cooler, i have not overclocked and i have used fresh layer of thermal compound. As for my MB, I use Gigabyte 970A-DS3

If anybody has any usefull ideas / questions , please share them, thank you

popatim

Titan
remove the heatsink and then the layer of thermal compound. you don't want a 'layer' as it will act like a blanket and keep heat in; just a small bb size drop in the center then reattach the cooler.

m4tch3dplaya

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
if you really need to just keep an eye on the temp and use speedfan to decrease the noise but DO NOT forget to keep an eye on it i am currently a few steps below you on the processor i got the fx-8120 but its oc'ed to 3.9 ghs and i have 4 cores disabled unless im going to game and its completely fine noise wize however my major noise maker is the psu its a corsair 800watt gs and my computer likes to keep it right on the edge of needing it and not needing it so it turns on and off every minute or so.... and if it works to hard my gtx 550ti sounds like a apache taking off... so your sounds arent so bad. Another thing I have my computer chassis side panel so its a freeflowing case try that for like a weekand see what happens i was able to get my temparature down almost 15 degrees ( canot find the degree button x( ) and my performance has increased PS: i am using the stock cpu cooler

Sheeper

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013

This is how I had my compound applied before, when all this started. As for the "layer" I used this term, just becouse I don't know any better English term for it. Right now it is a very thin "layer" on cca 75% of processor.

I don't really know what you mean by freeflowing case, but if it means opened, then I didn't even close it yet, so it should have enough air.

Sorry if my answers sound offensive, but english is not my native language, so I'm just writing as polite as I can