I Love Dire Maul.

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 6, 2005 10:26:52 PM

So, I was hanging around IF last night after a speed UBRS run (I adore
suicidal mages. They're crazy insane and make my job very very hard, but
*man* those are some fast runs). And I saw on LFG channel someone needed a
priest for Dire Maul. I asked what side, they said West. Hey, I've got
quests there, it's worth a shot. So I took the invite. Group loads, and
we've got a Rogue wearing both Dal'Rend weapons, a Paladin in 1/2
Lawbringer and an Arcanite reaper, a Warlock, and a Warrior. And my little
priest to keep all their uber asses alive for the duration. Rolled up into
DM, and *laid waste*. In the space of only a couple hours, we took down
Kalendris, Ilyanna, Immol'thar, the Prince, a whole lot of elementals, and
every named Ogre in the north end.

It was a fun run. I've had fun runs before, though, that's not the special
part. The really nice part about Dire Maul is that I upgraded *five*
pieces of gear in one run.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=18469
http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=18371
http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=18395
http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=18507
http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=18386

Fully 8 pieces of my current gear either dropped in DM, or rewarded from
quests in DM. Priests, get your asses to DM and start collecting.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=18536
http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=18491
http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=18327

In my current setup, I'm getting 36 mana every 5 seconds (That's a fully
talented Blessing of Wisdom without the Blessing part). And a rather tasty
+240 to all healing spells.

Brian
--
ICQ#: 68214833 | AIM: LineNoise54
..

More about : love dire maul

Anonymous
August 7, 2005 1:09:14 PM

"Brian" <brianmcadam@pobox.com> wrote in message

Wow nice indeed! Yeah DM is great for loot runs. I need mail leggings and
the two I have seen that are good for me are both from DM. Some of the
armor that drops there are better than the set pieces individually. IMO DM
is the instance where every class benefits from.

Also there is a quest you can get in DM west I believe that gives the
following rewards:
http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=35694
http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=35700
http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=35829
Nothing great for priests but the mace is good for
warriors/Palis/Shaman/Druids
the head peice screams hunters and the boots seem ideal for druids.
And if you had to vendor one of those do the mace it sells for 4 or 5g I
believe.
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 6:14:32 AM

Brian wrote:

> In my current setup, I'm getting 36 mana every 5 seconds (That's a fully
> talented Blessing of Wisdom without the Blessing part). And a rather tasty
> +240 to all healing spells.

I can't help but compare our character profiles regularly. How can you
keep up with all the enchants? Right now I have a +7sta on boots, and
that's all. I even doubt the int on weapon is available on my server!

(proud owner of 11 gold here)

And yes, I'll definitely go to dire maul soon.
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 2:18:40 PM

In article <vv9ef15covv97kimhtrtrp3ehtnapaku44@4ax.com>,
Brian <brianmcadam@pobox.com> wrote:

> The +Int on weapon, btw, is a vendor-purchasable recipe. But the enchanter
> needs to be Revered with the Thorium Brotherhood to get it. So it's "easy"
> to get. Just very expensive/time-consuming. The really hard one is +55 to
> healing. MC-only for the formula. That and Lifestealing.

Thanks for posting this info, but ugh... is the Incendosaur scale quest
the only way to get rep with the Thorium Brotherhood? On my server I
haven't been able to do this quest even once in three attempts since
there are invariably 3 or 4 lvl 60's competing for the 15 or so dinos
popping in that cave... meaning 90% of the time there are no dinos
popped, just players snarling at each other. I haven't had the patience
to stick it out but I do want that int enchant.

--
Eonar: Hemophage (60), Human warrior Purge (60), Undead mage
Dagobert (34), Human mage Vaik (12), Night Elf rogue