Your question

Gaming build for around 800

Tags:
  • Build
  • Gaming
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
August 19, 2012 8:29:44 PM

I'm currently looking at putting a gaming build together for around $800. I am looking for the best pieces available while staying in my range. I do have to buy a fresh copy of Win7. I'm thinking of staying in the 8gb range for memory. I need something that is going to be reliable for awhile. I may perhaps upgrade the gpu at a later date. And i'm looking to stuff it all into a Rosewill Thor 2 white case. I might change my mind on it, if there are suggestions. I just like the huge fans/amount of fans it comes with and the style/color. I have never oc'ed anything but I may start with this computer. Thank you for all of your input! =D

Approximate Purchase Date: Bits and pieces over the next month or so

Budget Range: (e.g.: 300-400) 800

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Surfing the internet

Are you buying a monitor: No. I am using my 50 inch Samsung PLasma tv. It's capable of 720p only. Current resolution is 1360 x 768

Parts to Upgrade: n/a

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: preferably newegg. I would like to plug it all into pcpartpicker.com first though

Parts Preferences: Intel cpu

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: I'd like to go as high as the card and my tv would allow. With the option of getting a monitor at a later date.

Additional Comments: I tend to play RPG/FPS games. I would like something that gives me a nice steady FPS and cools well.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: My current computer is breaking down. Not surprising as it is a mess of spare parts put together. I need to be able to play PC games once again.

More about : gaming build 800

August 19, 2012 11:42:38 PM

i find it kind of funny that you are using a 50 in tv but ok.

i recommend going along the 15 2500K rout with maybe a 550ti or a 650 or 640 GPU, and 4GB or ram should do it
August 20, 2012 12:44:42 AM

$11 over the budget but should be affordable. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/f59m

EDIT: Saw that you needed an OS and my build doesnt have it included. :( 
Related resources
August 20, 2012 12:48:56 AM

Oddly enough that the only reason I am using my tv currently is because it's all that my current setup area allows for. And so far it has not been to bad. I was able to run Diablo 3 ok.
August 20, 2012 1:05:28 AM

CPU: Core i3 2100 $120
Mobo: ASRock pro4/MVP $98
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti $300
RAM: G. SKILL Value Series(2x4GB)$40
Case: Rosewill Thor 2-White Edition $140
PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M700 $95
TOTAL:$795
You get the newest GPU on the market and that case you wanted:) 
!