Sign in with
Your question

Admin privilegies!

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
February 7, 2012 12:41:22 PM

hey everyone
well, i have two account on my PC. one built in administrator and one user... can you guys teach me how to give that user permission to install programs, because i just want to restrict that user to enter one specific folder... even if i make it administrator account but restrict to access that folder! but if i do that everyone will be able to retrieve ownership... i tried it to make power user... and everything but administrator... but i am not able to install software... what should i do? i am using windows 7 ultimate

More about : admin privilegies

February 7, 2012 12:53:09 PM

There really isnt a way around that as the user profile was designed to not allow a non-administrative user to change the local machine. So you either install all the programs the user needs or give them the password and then change it later. Cheers.
m
l
February 7, 2012 12:57:56 PM

aww crap! :/  can someone suggest any trustfull software to lock this folder? :/ 
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 7, 2012 1:37:50 PM

just create a file container

that way you click on the file container. then enter password and its mounted as a virtual drive

its free and easy to use
m
l
February 7, 2012 1:40:51 PM

I have been using Truecrypt since 2008. I love it, its secure and its easy to use, and if the password is long enough your not getting in there this millenium.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 7, 2012 1:41:40 PM

BUT if you ever forget the password it is gone, there is no back door, gone, forever. Really important that you understand that.
m
l
February 7, 2012 1:48:13 PM

Or you could use windows built-in encrypt. But yes, truecrypt is better.
m
l
February 8, 2012 10:39:20 AM

oww thanks everyone :) 
m
l
!