Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Flickering Problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a c 103 U Graphics card
July 1, 2012 12:24:38 AM

This sounds fishy lol.....ghost if you are trying to send us all to a malicious site get a life man....I am not clicking on your link....if its just the one site that is flickering then it is not a problem with your hardware its a problem on their end
Score
July 1, 2012 12:52:23 AM

drums101 said:
This sounds fishy lol.....ghost if you are trying to send us all to a malicious site get a life man....I am not clicking on your link....if its just the one site that is flickering then it is not a problem with your hardware its a problem on their end

Okay, allow me to map this out...

"sounds fishy"... Hmm, dude, there are a number of ways to prove your theory correct or incorrect. Allow me to explain. Get ready for this. Your brain may explode.

Here are some ideas of which to consider when running into a situation like this:
1. Don't click the link.
2. Perhaps Google it and learn more about the site.
3. Use a proxy.
4. Make sure your AV software is installed, enabled, and up to date.
5. Use common sense! It's a link. It doesn't lead anywhere else other than the index.
6. Don't post on tech forums.

"Get a life"
1. I have one. I mean, I'm right here typing this to you. Need a live video of me? No really, I will send you one.

"I'm not clicking your link"
1. Hmm, yes.... Not clicking... Well, then you might as well not post. You're just wasting your time. At least it's not valuable... Obviously.

"not a problem with your hardware its a problem on their end"

1. It appears this is why I am asking this question. You see, drums101, this is why I am here. To figure this out. Does that make sense? I can map it out for you in Paint if you would like. I can't promise good drawings, but it should work for the typical mental three year old like person. I'm talking about you of course.

Alright, I hope I helped you out there, buddy! Does that make sense? If not, just don't reply. I mean, I am here for help, but I wouldn't count on your next post as a useful insight.

We'll see...
Score
Related resources
a c 103 U Graphics card
July 1, 2012 1:05:16 AM

ok.....before this turns into I have bigger internet balls then you fight....I chose not to click on your link no big deal. My choice....I am not going to sit here and argue every point you made but I will try to show you the reasoning behind why I said what I said...The reasons why I assumed it was a bad site was 1. the way you posted is very similar to many spam emails that go around. 2. it was very short and 3. you joined tomshardware today and posted only this one post. Looks fishy thats all I was saying.....how was my first post not helpful insight? If it is the only website that flickers like that then it is not a problem with your hardware/software....most likely it would be an issue with their site specifically and in that case there is nothing you can do....if you want some helpful advice here is some more anger management classes you should probably look into taking some
Score
July 1, 2012 1:09:15 AM

drums101 said:
ok.....before this turns into I have bigger internet balls then you fight....I chose not to click on your link no big deal. My choice....I am not going to sit here and argue every point you made but I will try to show you the reasoning behind why I said what I said...The reasons why I assumed it was a bad site was 1. the way you posted is very similar to many spam emails that go around. 2. it was very short and 3. you joined tomshardware today and posted only this one post. Looks fishy thats all I was saying.....how was my first post not helpful insight? If it is the only website that flickers like that then it is not a problem with your hardware/software....most likely it would be an issue with their site specifically and in that case there is nothing you can do

"before this turns into I have bigger internet balls then you fight."
I'm sorry, but is it just me or do I not know what that even means? Perhaps paraphrase your sentences so I can understand them.

Fine then, I will take your advice!

NEVER, EVER post links and short question if you're new to a forum. Got it! Thanks again for the help!

Okay, in all seriousness, I'm not closing this quite yet. I will report the problem to the admins there in case it is a problem with the site.

Also, it's wasn't a helpful insight because what you said made me sound like I was wasting my time to be malcious when in fact I am not. You can clearly see by now that I'm not a bot, can you?
Score
a c 103 U Graphics card
July 1, 2012 1:16:26 AM

ghost712 said:

You can clearly see by now that I'm not a bot, can you?

The thing is people would be more inclined to help you if you responded nicely and said something like this from the beginning...instead you turned around and attacked the person who would have helped you...Have a good night
Score
July 1, 2012 1:18:15 AM

drums101 said:
The thing is people would be more inclined to help you if you responded nicely and said something like this from the beginning...instead you turned around and attacked the person who would have helped you...Have a good night

You would have helped me? Perhaps I got the wrong message. Well, if that was your real intention, my apologies.
Score

Best solution

a c 103 U Graphics card
July 1, 2012 1:25:27 AM

Yea I am guessing you got the wrong message...let me sum it up for you, my first post was saying if you are a trying to send me to a malicious site get a life...if not then let me offer this advice, most likely its not a problem on your end because that is the only site that does that. if so then its their issue. Here's the kicker you know how I would have known if you were trying to send me to a malicious site or not? If You responded to my post! Most human beings who are trying to phish people are not going to respond to replies that are posted on threads like that. Granted there are always exceptions to the rule but that was a risk I was willing to take......Now that you have calmed down....what browser are you using? Maybe try a different browser and see if that changes things
July 1, 2012 2:47:21 AM

Best answer selected by ghost712.
Score
a c 103 U Graphics card
July 1, 2012 2:48:51 AM

did that solve your problem?
Score
July 1, 2012 2:49:53 AM

drums101 said:
Yea I am guessing you got the wrong message...let me sum it up for you, my first post was saying if you are a trying to send me to a malicious site get a life...if not then let me offer this advice, most likely its not a problem on your end because that is the only site that does that. if so then its their issue. Here's the kicker you know how I would have known if you were trying to send me to a malicious site or not? If You responded to my post! Most human beings who are trying to phish people are not going to respond to replies that are posted on threads like that. Granted there are always exceptions to the rule but that was a risk I was willing to take......Now that you have calmed down....what browser are you using? Maybe try a different browser and see if that changes things

Okay, I tried a different browser and the problem went away. Internet Explorer worked. Previously, I was using Safari. I hate that browser now.
Score
a c 103 U Graphics card
July 1, 2012 2:51:23 AM

yea I have never been a fan of safari....used to be a explorer guy then switched to mozilla then I found out about chrome.....and have never looked back...would highly suggest it fastest browser I have used to date and the most clean looking imo
Score
July 1, 2012 2:55:33 AM

drums101 said:
yea I have never been a fan of safari....used to be a explorer guy then switched to mozilla then I found out about chrome.....and have never looked back...would highly suggest it fastest browser I have used to date and the most clean looking imo

I will look into those eventually. I hear a lot about Firefox so i may try that one now and work my way up to Chrome and make the final decision. :) 
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
July 1, 2012 8:35:14 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!