Windows XP Folder Access

Hi,

I use XP Pro in work, when I check the properties of my C: drive it shows me
what access each user has (Administrator, System) and so on
When I check my version at home I don't have these options. In other words,
I don't have a security option available. Can someone explain why? Probably
a silly question but it's only easy when you know thew answer.

tia
Bert
3 answers Last reply
More about windows folder access

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 19:25:20 +0000 (UTC), Bert wrote:

    > I use XP Pro in work, when I check the properties of my C: drive it shows me
    > what access each user has (Administrator, System) and so on
    > When I check my version at home I don't have these options. In other words,
    > I don't have a security option available. Can someone explain why? Probably
    > a silly question but it's only easy when you know thew answer.

    It sounds like "simple file sharing" is enabled.

    In XP Pro, this can be turned off using Folder Options> View. The setting
    is towards the very bottom of the long list of customization options.

    In XP Home, there is no choice to turn off simple file sharing. However,
    you can see the more detailed information by booting to safe mode and
    logging on with an account in the administrator group (or default account
    named Administrator).

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Hi Sharon,

    That's exactly what it was, thanks again for your help

    Bert

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:41:38 +0000 (UTC), Bert wrote:

    > Hi Sharon,
    >
    > That's exactly what it was, thanks again for your help

    You're most welcome, Bert.
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User