Hi,

I use XP Pro in work, when I check the properties of my C: drive it shows me
what access each user has (Administrator, System) and so on
When I check my version at home I don't have these options. In other words,
I don't have a security option available. Can someone explain why? Probably
a silly question but it's only easy when you know thew answer.

tia
Bert

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 19:25:20 +0000 (UTC), Bert wrote:

> I use XP Pro in work, when I check the properties of my C: drive it shows me
> what access each user has (Administrator, System) and so on
> When I check my version at home I don't have these options. In other words,
> I don't have a security option available. Can someone explain why? Probably
> a silly question but it's only easy when you know thew answer.

It sounds like "simple file sharing" is enabled.

In XP Pro, this can be turned off using Folder Options> View. The setting
is towards the very bottom of the long list of customization options.

In XP Home, there is no choice to turn off simple file sharing. However,
you can see the more detailed information by booting to safe mode and
logging on with an account in the administrator group (or default account
named Administrator).

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Hi Sharon,

That's exactly what it was, thanks again for your help

Bert

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:41:38 +0000 (UTC), Bert wrote:

> Hi Sharon,
>
> That's exactly what it was, thanks again for your help

You're most welcome, Bert.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User