Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Do I crossfire 6850 or just get aevga gtx 560 Ti FPB

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 1, 2012 3:10:34 AM

ok Here is my situation and got little time to decide...

First here are my specs.

AMD PHII x4 965 BE
ASUS M5A97
8 gigs ddr3
700w Power supply I bought 2nd hand but OCZ

I was playing bf3 on my 6850 with no issues. I had just bought yesterday the Sapphire 7870 but crashes in bf3 with blank screen and a humming noise. After reading several reviews it's actually a common issue. I had returned the card for a new one. Same issue. I have the latest and greatest driver and same issue. I tried their beta driver and same issue. lol.. So now I have a 7850 that doesn't work for the game that I got.

Here is my delema.. Do I just abandon the ATI and go for nVidia? or do I just crossfire my 6850? There Nvidia card I was looking at was the EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB. I just dunno what to do as I can't find any 6950's anywhere around me for sell..

Please anybody help :D 
a c 103 U Graphics card
July 1, 2012 3:13:43 AM

does it only crash with bf3? or other games too? if its only bf3 then its just a software issue that will be fixed in the next driver update if its a common issue like you said....if thats the case I would stick with the 7850...but if you already have returned the 7850 I would get a second 6850...it would net you much more performance then a single 560ti and it would be cheaper.
m
l
July 1, 2012 3:17:49 AM

sorry it's a 7870 I still have it but gawd i just dunno what to do..

just hard to sit here and not be able to play.. Seriously thinking about returning it and just getting a -5% for restocking..
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 103 U Graphics card
July 1, 2012 3:32:42 AM

Trooper613 said:
sorry it's a 7870 I still have it but gawd i just dunno what to do..

just hard to sit here and not be able to play.. Seriously thinking about returning it and just getting a -5% for restocking..

damn thats even more of a reason to keep it...you would get more performance out of two 6850s though so keep that in mind. But my personal philosophy is to stick with the higher end single card solution instead of the mid grade dual card solution much less headaches in the long run
]
July 8, 2012 12:18:46 AM

Best answer selected by Trooper613.
m
l
!