Do I need a case fan?

SS01

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
Basically I am wondering if I need a case fan for this computer. Specs are as follows:

Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 w/ stock cooler
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 210 (Please, don't ask. There is a reason for this.)
RAM: 4GB (1 X 4GB) DDR3 1333MHz (may eventually be upgraded to 8GB)
Hard drives: 500GB 7200RPM SATA 3gb/s, 160GB 7200RPM SATA 1.5gb/s, eventually 120GB 6gb/s SSD
PSU: Antec VP450
Case: Apex SK-386

The PSU, GPU, and obviously CPU all have their own fans.

My case has space for an 80 or 90mm rear fan, and 80mm front fan. Note that due to the way the case is positioned a front fan would also act as a hard drive fan, and that since I have a Micro ATX board in an ATX case airflow should be pretty decent.

Thanks!

Solution
Yes, you need at least 1 case fan, and I agree with the poster above it should be an exhaust fan in the rear if you only use 1. Personally, I would also add an intake fan in front as well. But do some research, some fans are well made and very quiet, and some are really noisy!
D

Deleted member 217926

In my opinion it's always better to have case fans. At least an exhaust fan in the rear of the case. The bad news is that smaller 80 and 90mm fans are louder and move less air than 120mm fans. That's why most good cases don't use the smaller fans.

Yes, you need at least 1 case fan, and I agree with the poster above it should be an exhaust fan in the rear if you only use 1. Personally, I would also add an intake fan in front as well. But do some research, some fans are well made and very quiet, and some are really noisy!

Solution