Weirdest and Funniest Thing Ever! Cpu based

yamahahornist

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
So I had the Gigabytes beta 17f bios and it started acting weird. The settings in the bios were frozen, so I did a cmos reset and the problem kinda still happened. It would freeze on the first settings you had it at. So I had my i5 3570k @4.5ghz @1.32 volts. I then booted into the computer and then the screen turned all green ("starting windows" never came up) (I was like WTF) then every 2 second it would change colors?? (Again I was like WTF, but now freaking out that my cpu was broken) So I shut off the computer manually after about 20 secs of it changing colors? (I was using the integrated graphics btw) I cmos reset it to default then flashed my bios back to version 16, then reoverclocked it back to 4.5ghz and now its fine. I tried looking it up, but couldn't find anything about it. My best guess is that the integrated graphics die on the i5 3570k overvoltaged and crashed?? But what do I know lol :p SO does anyone know what that it is, and what causes it??

BuddiLuva

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012

Flashing the BIOS of a system can make it do funny things, especially when its a BETA version of BIOS.

I would stick to the common well tested stable versions to avoid a headache like that.