hunterpostit88

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Budget Range:$8,500
CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2687 $3,800
CPU Cooler(s): 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo $70
Motherboard: ASUS Z9PE-D16 SSI EEB $491
GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 690 $2120
RAM: 2x G. SKILL Ripjaw Z Series $720(64 for each CPU)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB $218
Case: Cooler Master HAF X RC -942 $170
PSU: ThermalTake Toughpower TP-1350M $362
Optical: ASUS Black BR Burner $95
I don't use SSD because they've al died in 8ish weeks.
TOTAL: $8136
Is there anyway to upgrade this to make it better. I want to keep the GPU and Thermaltake PSU.

aqualipt

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

That build is just a lower performance version of the build i made last night for the guy with the unlimted budget.

G

I'm sorry if this comes out really ignorant, but it is better just to buy an Intel Core i7 Extreme 3970x. Intel Xeons were more intended for workstation and server situations, where software actually takes advantage of those 2 CPU's, hyperthreading, bla bla bla.

It's even arguable it is pointless to buy an i7 if your not editing video, and just gaming.

128gb RAM is overkill.

Unless you are powering 3 or more 1080p and higher monitors, 2x 690s is overkill.

Gaming rigs aren't ultimate if they don't come with a SSD nowadays. I understand the reliability problems with SSD's, especially with certain controllers, but if your spending 8000 on a rig, you can definitely do an RMA or just refund and get another.

Hope I helped.

I think this guy is just trolling, this is the same guy who wanted an "Ultimate AMD rig".

If it isn't a troll, in all seriousness, Xeon CPUs do not make good gaming systems for the money. The CPUs are meant to handle tons of threads simultaneously, games simply are not coded in a way that you will get the best performance from server-grade CPUs. Its like trying to cut a cake with a chainsaw.

DeusAres

Distinguished

:lol: :lol:

Love that analogy. May I use it in future recommendations?

hunterpostit88

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
I'm no troll for one:/. I did a bit on the Intel Xeons and decided I'll take an i7(I video edit for Youtube). Here is the "newer" build. I'll be running dos monitors so one GTX for each lol. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/f6rS
Guys I just like making builds fur fun. And I come to the forums when I'm bored. It's fun seeing what people think. However this build and the AMD one I am buying.

aqualipt

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

The guy i called newbie said that he couldn't use two cooler... you then linked me a page with the motherboards info and then you told me it was a dual socket motherboard.... what am i supposed to see?

Well, anything on LGA2011 is really getting into server grade components. Its just way more power than the average person really needs. The most hardcore gamer is really going to find himself hard pressed to really justify the cost to performance ratio. We do have one guy here who chimes in every now and then who did spend that kind of money on a system, he kinda reminds me of that guy in Die Hard 4 if you've ever seen that movie. The guy who has a "command center" in his mom's basement. Maybe he could find a way to really find something worthwhile for an i7 extreme to do. :lol: