Need help of 120mm Fan to pick

warliccilraw

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
So I am planning to get this case: COOLER MASTER Elite 430 RC-430-KWN1
since it has a fan included and a side window. which I like a lot.

But I want 2 fans so cooling is not a problem! Do you think I should get a fan or is it fine? I plan to game some times, like

GTA IV, Just Cause 2, Crysis, etc. I am having a XFX Radeon HD 6870.

And I don't want to switch cases unless the case is: From newegg, free shipping, below $50. You can do above 50 only if their is rebate to equal down to $50.

I want the fan to not be super loud. Like somewhere quiet and normal!

I only plan to buy 1 fan, and where should I put this fan too?

Solution
I would suggest setting up your elite 430 for pull through airflow.

What I mean, is that case comes with a fan down at the front panel. That fan should be an intake fan by default. If by some odd chance that it isn't, flip it around to make it intake. The 2nd fan you buy, I would put it on the back of the case parallel to the CPU and rig it to be an exhaust fan. Also, have your bottom mount power supply with the fan facing up into the case, as this is an intake fan as well, it will pull warm air from inside the case and push it out the back of the PSU.
I honestly wouldn't bother. Unless you have more than one video card, and I mean a big one like GTX 670s, GTX 480s/580s, 7970s etc. Theres really not much point in adding additional case fans. Even a Crossfire 6870 setup will not see a benefit from the extra cooling

But if you insist, theres no reason to stray from what you're looking at.. CoolerMaster fan for CoolerMaster case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103061

I would suggest setting up your elite 430 for pull through airflow.

What I mean, is that case comes with a fan down at the front panel. That fan should be an intake fan by default. If by some odd chance that it isn't, flip it around to make it intake. The 2nd fan you buy, I would put it on the back of the case parallel to the CPU and rig it to be an exhaust fan. Also, have your bottom mount power supply with the fan facing up into the case, as this is an intake fan as well, it will pull warm air from inside the case and push it out the back of the PSU.

Solution