Change default drive of Documents & Settings

June 19, 2005 10:16:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.security.pgp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

On laptops I want to place user folders inside a PGP encrypted container in
case the laptop is lost/stolen. That way customer data, reports, e-mail,
etc...won't be compromised. One way is to change where Windows stores user
information.

1) Is there a way to change the default drive on which the \Documents and
Settings folder resides?

2) Can I change the default drive of a single user's \Document and Settings
folder?

3) If I change the default drive and user Joe starts his laptop up and the
\joe user folder is within a PGP container and the container isn't opened at
boot time (ie. Joe forgets to enter his passphrase), will XP hang or what
will XP do?

More about : change default drive documents settings

Anonymous
June 19, 2005 10:16:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.security.pgp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

How much is Newsfeeds.Com charging you for something that's free?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User