Change default drive of Documents & Settings

Archived from groups: alt.security.pgp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

On laptops I want to place user folders inside a PGP encrypted container in
case the laptop is lost/stolen. That way customer data, reports, e-mail,
etc...won't be compromised. One way is to change where Windows stores user
information.

1) Is there a way to change the default drive on which the \Documents and
Settings folder resides?

2) Can I change the default drive of a single user's \Document and Settings
folder?

3) If I change the default drive and user Joe starts his laptop up and the
\joe user folder is within a PGP container and the container isn't opened at
boot time (ie. Joe forgets to enter his passphrase), will XP hang or what
will XP do?

More about change default drive documents settings
  1. Archived from groups: alt.security.pgp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    How much is Newsfeeds.Com charging you for something that's free?

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:42b5efc0$1_1@spool9-west.superfeed.net,
    John Smith <a@nonymous.com> hunted and pecked:
    > On laptops I want to place user folders inside a PGP encrypted container
    > in
    > case the laptop is lost/stolen. That way customer data, reports, e-mail,
    > etc...won't be compromised. One way is to change where Windows stores
    > user information.
    >
    > 1) Is there a way to change the default drive on which the \Documents and
    > Settings folder resides?
    >
    > 2) Can I change the default drive of a single user's \Document and
    > Settings folder?
    >
    > 3) If I change the default drive and user Joe starts his laptop up and the
    > \joe user folder is within a PGP container and the container isn't opened
    > at
    > boot time (ie. Joe forgets to enter his passphrase), will XP hang or what
    > will XP do?

    > News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
    > World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total
    > Privacy via Encryption =----