VIRTU MVP is giving me serious headaches. PLEASE HELP

adampcpower

Honorable
May 26, 2012
ok so i built my PC several weeks and everything was running fine. I installed VirtuMVP that came with my ASRock z77 Ectreme4 and i worked quite well for a while. Now it just hit the fan one day it its halted completely. With it on, it crahses EVERYTHING i try to run that requires some graphical power. when i try to open video games, like Far Cry 2 for instance, the window pops up and then it crashes and closes. Same with benchmarking software like 3DMark11 and Heaven Benchmark. This all works when i turn the Virtualization off. I think i remeber seeing a dialog box one day before this happened that said it will not work until i register it or something but i didnt know what it meant, is that linked in anyway?

Is there anyway i can just re-install it or something for it to work again? i want it to work but its driving me crazy

Quick quote from one such review

We started with the ASRock board earlier in the review so let's do the same again for the conclusion, after a quick word on Lucid's VirtuMVP. All of the boards tested today support this technology. For anyone using a modern, discrete GPU from AMD or NVIDIA we suggest you do no install the software. AMD and NVIDIA's latest cards, on their own, provide GPU compute, HD acceleration and gaming performance which has gone through rigorous testing with performance fitting the price band. Additionally they offer minimal power draw in idle and desktop tasks. Intel too provide good, stable drivers for the built in GPU and can assist with video tasks such as playback and conversion. Enabling Virtu adds an extra level of software which offers little benefit to both groups of consumers and, in our opinion, is nothing more than a marketing gimmick which has no place on enthusiast products. Stick with AMD, Intel and NVIDIA only.

Mactronix :)

adampcpower

Honorable
May 26, 2012

that sounds like a good idea to me, all of the error messages and headache trying to fix the stupid thing isint worth it if it has little to no benefit. Thanks