Best psu for gtx650

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingwe1978

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
Hello,
I have an HP i5 750, with 8gb of ram, I have recently bought a gtx660 graphics card for it. I now need to upgrade my PSU, I am leaning towards a thrmaltake TR700, would this be ok?

Solution
SLI stands for using two cards together, SLI on your package is only there because your card with another one can be put in SLI. The recommendation stands for a single GTX660.
Corsair GS700 will do the job even after you add another card and overclock the hell out of your rig, with power to spare.

jrayx

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
Well for a system with a single GTX 660 a quality 500 watts Power Supply is enough. Get a PSU from Seasonic, Corsair or XFX to mention some.

Don't buy thermaltake Power Supply's they're not good and it could damage your system.

Ingwe1978

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
Thanks rolli59, I just had a closer look at my card package, it is a gtx660 sli, I am not very good at this stuff, I'm learning as I go.
Would a corsair GS700, do the job? I believe in getting something a little bigger than needed.

SLI stands for using two cards together, SLI on your package is only there because your card with another one can be put in SLI. The recommendation stands for a single GTX660.
Corsair GS700 will do the job even after you add another card and overclock the hell out of your rig, with power to spare.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.