What's the downside of Canon S60?

Last response: in Digital Camera
September 7, 2005 5:01:54 PM

Thinking about a 5MP camera with more manual control than a Pentax
Optio, and a 28mm lens. Anyone have insights into the Canon Powershot
S60?

-Cardamon Dave

More about : downside canon s60

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 11:41:55 PM

Very few downsides. I think it's a very nice little camera, but with minor
sortcomings:

1. You can't add accessory lenses for wide angle or telephoto.
2. There's no hot shoe (I believe).
3. Noise is a little high at higher ISOs.

Other than that, it's pretty nice. Good battery life, nice sharp pictures,
excellent color, great point and shoot camera.

"Cardamon Dave" <davek57@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Thinking about a 5MP camera with more manual control than a Pentax
> Optio, and a 28mm lens. Anyone have insights into the Canon Powershot
> S60?
>
> -Cardamon Dave

Anonymous
September 8, 2005 4:42:41 AM

Kinon O'cann wrote:
> Very few downsides. I think it's a very nice little camera, but with minor
> sortcomings:
>
> 1. You can't add accessory lenses for wide angle or telephoto.

There are adapters for this.
!