Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Associated File Types

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
June 19, 2005 10:35:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

How do I clean out this context menu? I saw a lot of old entries I never
thought even existed. Can someone tell me how to delete them?

More about : file types

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 10:26:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

http://www.technobabble.com.au/technobabble/html/tweaks...
Remove unwanted entries from the context menus


"Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A6B48A8E-5365-4A72-B0E2-0E3175C63973@microsoft.com...
> How do I clean out this context menu? I saw a lot of old entries I never
> thought even existed. Can someone tell me how to delete them?
June 20, 2005 10:26:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I meant the menu that you see when you navigate to:

folder options --> file types --> new --> advanced --> Associated File Type

This is the one I meant.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> http://www.technobabble.com.au/technobabble/html/tweaks...
> Remove unwanted entries from the context menus
>
>
> "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:A6B48A8E-5365-4A72-B0E2-0E3175C63973@microsoft.com...
> > How do I clean out this context menu? I saw a lot of old entries I never
> > thought even existed. Can someone tell me how to delete them?
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 3:05:44 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Another moron trying to break their computer. Go to a break newsgroups not a fix newsgroup time waster.

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.htm...
=================================================
"Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D 84578DC-34DF-4FDC-A5BD-B2641CCAC3E2@microsoft.com...
>I meant the menu that you see when you navigate to:
>
> folder options --> file types --> new --> advanced --> Associated File Type
>
> This is the one I meant.
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
>> http://www.technobabble.com.au/technobabble/html/tweaks...
>> Remove unwanted entries from the context menus
>>
>>
>> "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:A6B48A8E-5365-4A72-B0E2-0E3175C63973@microsoft.com...
>> > How do I clean out this context menu? I saw a lot of old entries I never
>> > thought even existed. Can someone tell me how to delete them?
>>
>>
June 21, 2005 3:05:45 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

In the Associated File Type menu there was Internet Explorer (ver 1.0) while
I have ver 6.0, so is this normal? There are also a number of old ones but
can't remember them all.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 3:05:46 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Dan

The list exists to ensure compatibility with new and old.. remove the
entries and you will find that your computer is unable to access some
stuff..

Windows XP, contrary to popular belief, does NOT install all of these things
specifically to clog up home computers.. if you want your computer to work
for you, leave things like this well alone..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have kept
it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland


"Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E4E5C4DF-A2DB-4933-93CF-B2680F926710@microsoft.com...
> In the Associated File Type menu there was Internet Explorer (ver 1.0)
> while
> I have ver 6.0, so is this normal? There are also a number of old ones but
> can't remember them all.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 3:34:06 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

What would happen if you had a program that relied on IE ver 1 (that is written in 1995)? Should Windows refuse to run your program or provide an IE 1 interface to it.

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.htm...
=================================================
"Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4E5C4DF-A2DB-4933-93CF-B2680F926710@microsoft.com...
> In the Associated File Type menu there was Internet Explorer (ver 1.0) while
> I have ver 6.0, so is this normal? There are also a number of old ones but
> can't remember them all.
!