Associated File Types

How do I clean out this context menu? I saw a lot of old entries I never
thought even existed. Can someone tell me how to delete them?
6 answers Last reply
More about associated file types

    http://www.technobabble.com.au/technobabble/html/tweaks/context-menus.htm
    Remove unwanted entries from the context menus

    > How do I clean out this context menu? I saw a lot of old entries I never
    > thought even existed. Can someone tell me how to delete them?

    I meant the menu that you see when you navigate to:

    folder options --> file types --> new --> advanced --> Associated File Type

    This is the one I meant.

    "TaurArian" wrote:

    > http://www.technobabble.com.au/technobabble/html/tweaks/context-menus.htm
    > Remove unwanted entries from the context menus
    >

    > "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > How do I clean out this context menu? I saw a lot of old entries I never
    > > thought even existed. Can someone tell me how to delete them?

    Another moron trying to break their computer. Go to a break newsgroups not a fix newsgroup time waster.

    "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D84578DC-34DF-4FDC-A5BD-B2641CCAC3E2@microsoft.com...
    >I meant the menu that you see when you navigate to:
    >
    > folder options --> file types --> new --> advanced --> Associated File Type
    >
    > This is the one I meant.
    >
    > "TaurArian" wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.technobabble.com.au/technobabble/html/tweaks/context-menus.htm
    >> Remove unwanted entries from the context menus
    >>

    >> "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > How do I clean out this context menu? I saw a lot of old entries I never
    >> > thought even existed. Can someone tell me how to delete them?

    In the Associated File Type menu there was Internet Explorer (ver 1.0) while
    I have ver 6.0, so is this normal? There are also a number of old ones but
    can't remember them all.

    Dan

    The list exists to ensure compatibility with new and old.. remove the
    entries and you will find that your computer is unable to access some
    stuff..

    Windows XP, contrary to popular belief, does NOT install all of these things
    specifically to clog up home computers.. if you want your computer to work
    for you, leave things like this well alone..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

    > In the Associated File Type menu there was Internet Explorer (ver 1.0)
    > while
    > I have ver 6.0, so is this normal? There are also a number of old ones but
    > can't remember them all.

    What would happen if you had a program that relied on IE ver 1 (that is written in 1995)? Should Windows refuse to run your program or provide an IE 1 interface to it.