Sign in with
Your question

Is the MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III good buy?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 1, 2012 5:29:01 PM

So I bought the MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III 880MHZ 3GB 1250MHZ and I was wondering if it was a good buy? I just want some pros and cons of this card if any. It was on sale for $329

Will this GPU be able to support dual monitor setup? I plan on doing this setup in the future, a side question would be what size is decent for dual monitor setup?

Thanks
a b U Graphics card
July 1, 2012 5:40:31 PM

yes, its a good buy. yes it suports dual monotor. 2 x 24 inch monitors will please you.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 1, 2012 5:42:01 PM

It supports up to 6 monitor configurations with enough outputs, usually gamers go with up to 3. Pro is that it's fast. Con is that it isn't as fast as a gtx 670, which costs more.
Usually a 3 monitor setup works well with 21.5" or 24" monitors, larger ones take up a ton of space and just cost more.
m
l
Related resources
July 1, 2012 5:50:30 PM

megamonkey said:
So I bought the MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III 880MHZ 3GB 1250MHZ and I was wondering if it was a good buy? I just want some pros and cons of this card if any. It was on sale for $329

Will this GPU be able to support dual monitor setup? I plan on doing this setup in the future, a side question would be what size is decent for dual monitor setup?

Thanks

That is a great deal. Really good card, with dual-fan for great price. You should be very happy with it and it will overclock well.

I don't really know of any CONS for this card. It uses dual-fan dissipation and is 2 slots in size. It should run quieter and cooler than reference. It has all the same connectivity as all the other ones, and it has a factory OC of 10%. Also it's the cheapest 7950 you can get, it's a win win.
m
l
!