Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Do I have enough room in my case to put another 6870 in? PIC. INCLUDED

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • GPUs
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
July 1, 2012 6:57:53 PM

I have a Sapphire 6870 gpu, a SLI/Crossfire 16x/8x MOBO and a Antec High Current Gamer Series 750W psu. The only thing I worry about is my GPU runs idol at 35-38 Celsius. Do I have enough room to get another card, or would I be better if I get a newer series card? I will have to move HDD.

More about : room case put 6870 pic included

Best solution

Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
July 1, 2012 6:59:28 PM

yes move the HD and a little cable management would help :) 
Share
July 1, 2012 7:25:54 PM

Anonymous said:
yes move the HD and a little cable management would help :) 



Thanks :D  and I didn't realize how big the picture would be :o  . I need to clean up my cables a little, i have good airflow but the top cables are messy.

Also does it matter what crossfire bridge I would get? I checked on newegg and all they have are xfx, his and power color crossfire bridges.
m
0
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
July 1, 2012 7:34:30 PM

TheCrayonMan529 said:
Thanks :D  and I didn't realize how big the picture would be :o  . I need to clean up my cables a little, i have good airflow but the top cables are messy.

Also does it matter what crossfire bridge I would get? I checked on newegg and all they have are xfx, his and power color crossfire bridges.

the image looks the right size to me and i click on it to see it bigger. it does look like the blue slot is what you mean. i had a HD behind a gfx card for awhile and even though it fit, it was a PITA when connecting the power on the gfx card or the power and data on the HD.

i believe one name brand is the same as the other for a bridge, just like you do not need the same name brand card to xfire.
m
0
l
July 1, 2012 7:38:58 PM

Anonymous said:
the image looks the right size to me and i click on it to see it bigger. it does look like the blue slot is what you mean. i had a HD behind a gfx card for awhile and even though it fit, it was a PITA when connecting the power on the gfx card or the power and data on the HD.

i believe one name brand is the same as the other for a bridge, just like you do not need the same name brand card to xfire.


So I can get the XFX crossfire bridge and it would work for my Sapphire card?
m
0
l
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
July 1, 2012 7:41:44 PM

TheCrayonMan529 said:
So I can get the XFX crossfire bridge and it would work for my Sapphire card?

yes!
its just a connection like a cable or wire; copper is copper.
m
0
l
July 1, 2012 7:43:02 PM

Best answer selected by TheCrayonMan529.
m
0
l
July 1, 2012 7:43:33 PM

Anonymous said:
yes!
its just a connection like a cable or wire; copper is copper.


THANKS! :D 

One more question. I read that doing crossfire might cause problems with frame rate, is that true? How would I fix it?
m
0
l