Solved

Do I have enough room in my case to put another 6870 in? PIC. INCLUDED

I have a Sapphire 6870 gpu, a SLI/Crossfire 16x/8x MOBO and a Antec High Current Gamer Series 750W psu. The only thing I worry about is my GPU runs idol at 35-38 Celsius. Do I have enough room to get another card, or would I be better if I get a newer series card? I will have to move HDD.

7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about room case 6870 included
  1. Best answer
    yes move the HD and a little cable management would help :)
  2. Anonymous said:
    yes move the HD and a little cable management would help :)

Thanks :D and I didn't realize how big the picture would be :o . I need to clean up my cables a little, i have good airflow but the top cables are messy.

Also does it matter what crossfire bridge I would get? I checked on newegg and all they have are xfx, his and power color crossfire bridges.
  3. TheCrayonMan529 said:
    Thanks :D and I didn't realize how big the picture would be :o . I need to clean up my cables a little, i have good airflow but the top cables are messy.

Also does it matter what crossfire bridge I would get? I checked on newegg and all they have are xfx, his and power color crossfire bridges.

the image looks the right size to me and i click on it to see it bigger. it does look like the blue slot is what you mean. i had a HD behind a gfx card for awhile and even though it fit, it was a PITA when connecting the power on the gfx card or the power and data on the HD.

i believe one name brand is the same as the other for a bridge, just like you do not need the same name brand card to xfire.
  4. Anonymous said:
    the image looks the right size to me and i click on it to see it bigger. it does look like the blue slot is what you mean. i had a HD behind a gfx card for awhile and even though it fit, it was a PITA when connecting the power on the gfx card or the power and data on the HD.

i believe one name brand is the same as the other for a bridge, just like you do not need the same name brand card to xfire.

So I can get the XFX crossfire bridge and it would work for my Sapphire card?
  5. TheCrayonMan529 said:
    So I can get the XFX crossfire bridge and it would work for my Sapphire card?

yes!
    its just a connection like a cable or wire; copper is copper.
  6. Best answer selected by TheCrayonMan529.
  7. Anonymous said:
    yes!
    its just a connection like a cable or wire; copper is copper.

THANKS! :D

One more question. I read that doing crossfire might cause problems with frame rate, is that true? How would I fix it?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Graphics