System Upgrade - Need Your Advice

saxamo

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Hello There,

First time post and I was wondering if I could get some advice. I usually put together my own machines and keep up on hardware pretty well. I know that there are some big changes coming in the future, but I am trying to keep my machine going as well as I can for a little while longer.

When it comes to the memory in a pc I know about latency etc.. However, my question below is based on cpu-z readings vs new memory I am consider getting. Yes, I do get a bump in the amount but I am wondering based on my components if anyone out there can offer some stable tweaks without water cooled memory and video ( already have watercooled CPU ) that might get the most out of my current items.

I am running 3 hp w2408h monitors connected to an older video card, but it does well, so I am also going to upgrade that as well unless someone says something to change my mind.

current pc config:

Asus crosshair formula iv
Amd 1090T Phenom II x6
2 ( Intel 520 Series Cherryville SSDSC2CW240A3K5 )
Radeon HD 5850
Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR3 4x2GB
CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91

I am thinking about upgrading to the

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-16GXM
EVGA 04G-P4-3687-KR GeForce GTX 680 FTW+ w/Backplate 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Please advice.. I am also going to show the memory I have now from CPU-Z for maybe some bios changes to timing. Just let me know if there is any benefit other then amount for the memory I would get by upgrading if you can.

cpuz1.jpg

cpuz2.jpg

cpuz3.jpg

cpuz4.jpg

cpuz5.jpg

cpuz6.jpg

IMAG0359.jpg

The biggest boost you will have is from the new video card, and that may be bottlenecked by the CPU in some games.

I would not even change the RAM, 16 gig is nice, but you will not see that much difference unless you work in large files for video editing or CAD work.