Sending back evga gtx 560ti

I have been having problems with my new computer for a while now. I have done a lot of diagnostics and I have figured out that my GPU is the problem. I downloaded a new driver today and ran furmark three times crashing between 30-50% each time. The max temp was 91*C. The I underclocked my card from stock mhz (822mhz and 2052mhz). I brought them down to 700mhz and 1800mhz. I ran the test once more and it was very stable this time and only got a max temp of 76*C. I have my card set to 1012 mV on MSI afterburner. My question is should I send my card back to EVGA? I have a warranty on it. How is evga's customer service? Do they make it easy to send things in? Will they send me a new card or just refurbish my current one? How long does it take? If I have to send it in I can throw in an old radeon 6450 for the time being while waiting for the 560ti.
10 answers Last reply
More about sending back evga 560ti
  1. Their RMA process is very easy, and in my case I have always received a higher tier card than the one I sent in. I sent in an 8800 GTS 512MB and got back a 9800 GTX+, and also sent in an 8600 GTS 512MB and got back a 550TI. I received both cards about a week after I sent them in (UPS).

I'd just RMA your card, they will probably send you a refurbished 560ti back.
  2. if you registered your card on the EVGA site then going through an RMA process is painless. if not just then give them a call and they will work with you on it.
  3. what psu?
  4. You're lucky it was EVGA; they have the best customer service in the business.
  5. This is my PSU.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341018&Tpk=ocz%20700w

A 700w PSU is easily enough to power a 560ti.
  6. that is good, now go for RMA.
  7. What do you mean no go for RMA? Do you mean on the PSU?
  8. lt_dan_zsu said:
    What do you mean no go for RMA? Do you mean on the PSU?

i think he means now, as meaning "at this time"
  9. Oops I must have not seen the W
  10. @looniam, got me. :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards EVGA Graphics Product