Sign in with
Your question

Can someone help me?(gtx 670)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 1, 2012 9:55:12 PM

Hi, I just ordered a gtx 670, and I just noticed that the card I bought has 3.054Ghz(Gainward), but when I look around at the other cards they got 6.008Ghz effective clockspeed.

Can someone please explain me what that difference would be, and if it is really worth spending $75 just for some more Ghz?
I don't quite understand why it is half the Ghz than the other's around, though a little bit cheaper.

Thanks for any help!:) 

More about : gtx 670

a b U Graphics card
July 1, 2012 11:20:27 PM

Most usually advertise the effective memory clock rate, with DDR already accounted for, others use the speed without doubling it. If the 3.054 is not including DDR it's actually 6.108ghz so technically it would be faster than the others.

I don't know if you got the Phantom or not, but it's exactly what I mentioned above.

Quote:
"Nvidia's specification for the base clock frequency is 915MHz while the average Boost Clock speed is 980MHz. Gainward has increased the base clock frequency to 1006MHz, while the memory operates at 6108MHz, boosting the bandwidth to 195.5GB/s."

Source http://www.techspot.com/review/529-geforce-gtx-670/
July 1, 2012 11:59:33 PM

cliffro said:
Most usually advertise the effective memory clock rate, with DDR already accounted for, others use the speed without doubling it. If the 3.054 is not including DDR it's actually 6.108ghz so technically it would be faster than the others.

I don't know if you got the Phantom or not, but it's exactly what I mentioned above.

Quote:
"Nvidia's specification for the base clock frequency is 915MHz while the average Boost Clock speed is 980MHz. Gainward has increased the base clock frequency to 1006MHz, while the memory operates at 6108MHz, boosting the bandwidth to 195.5GB/s."

Source http://www.techspot.com/review/529-geforce-gtx-670/

Yeah I guess it's supposed to be the double, doesn't seem legit that it's gonna be 3Ghz difference with almost the same price, it was some % off.

Thanks for the help!:) 
!