Sign in with
Your question

Hybrid crossfire A8+6670 help!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 1, 2012 10:40:53 PM

i have a pc with: mobo:F1A75-M cpu a8 3850(integrated) +hd 6670
am trying to figure out how to use hybrid crossfire..on catalyst there isnt the tab for crossfire(and thats the main problem),
i enabled on efi/bios on advance tab the igfx for dual graphics..but still nothing, also when u enable that, the 2nd option is suposed not to be highlighted like ive seen on a video,,is the option after the 1st(igfx dual graphics) that u can choose integrated or pci card..anyway i choosed pci card

ive seen on youtube people run that exact combo but they dont explain how they done it

i downloaded latest drivers and application profile...but still nothing

cmon guys i need your help..i builded this cheap pc 2 days ago with the hope i could merge integrated and HD, but it seems am facing a big problem...

thanks

More about : hybrid crossfire 6670

a c 106 U Graphics card
July 1, 2012 10:52:35 PM

just to be sure you did this right:

Q3: I just bought an AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series graphics card. How do I configure my PC to take advantage of AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics?

A3: To take advantage of AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics, you must use a compatible AMD A-Series APU to pair with your supported AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series card. After installation of your graphics card, install the latest AMD graphics drivers. After driver installation, the option to enable AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics should become available in the AMD VISION Engine Control Center.

Once installed, go into the “Performance” section of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center and check the box that says 'Enable Crossfire™' - this will allow the AMD A-Series APU graphics to work in tandem with the select AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series GPU installed for increased graphics performance.
July 1, 2012 11:14:42 PM

yes i did all this and nothing..and tehre are other people on youtube withmy exact build and use crossfire..and i cant..i dont see the option crossfire on catalyst
Related resources
July 1, 2012 11:25:36 PM

Set the bios to boot from the onboard gpu, make sure the monitor is plugged into the mother board connector not the pcie card
July 1, 2012 11:40:26 PM

ok but then what? it will just use the integrated gpu..i tried it..it doesnt open the tab "crossfire"in catalyst
July 2, 2012 12:44:59 AM

If you did that the crossfire selection in ccc should appear then click enable. If not remove pcie card , uninstale 6670 driver and start over. are you using 12.6 drivers ?

Dual graphics only works when you have the onboard 6550d as you primary display, at least that is how my two systems worked
July 2, 2012 12:53:23 AM

Do you have gpu boost enabled ? What are the options in bios for display ?
July 2, 2012 1:15:44 AM

photonboy said:
http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/dual-graphi...

I assume you have Vista or Windows 7 (it doesnt't work on XP).

Also, the FAQ recommends plugging into the discrete graphics card, NOT the motherboard.

You are wrong
It says
For best performance, AMD recommends plugging the display into your discrete graphics card. This will ensure that even applications that do not take advantage of AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics will still be able to run on the faster graphics card in your system. However, to be more accurate, we recommend that you plug your monitor into the AMD Radeon™ graphics with the higher model number. If that is your APU, plug into the motherboard, if it is your discrete graphics card, plug into that.

I have built close to 10 systems all with dual graphics and they all need the monitor to be plugged into the 6550d to work properly.

July 2, 2012 1:36:43 AM

Look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFAMmTDu_H0

They wasted a step plugging in the discret card first to load drivers. Then plugging in to the on board graphics If you have ccc installed properly, drivers do not need to be installed from disk CCC will pick it up and install drivers automatically.
July 2, 2012 3:27:36 AM

step by step guide, start out with no overclocking or gpu bust, Vista or win 7 only
1) go into bios and set it to onboard video
2) make sure monitor it is plugged into the M/b
3) Install ccc open ccc and update to newest version
4) shut down and insert 6670
5) boot pc found new hardware will pop up and installe 6670 drivers
6) reboot pc, go into ccc and look for cross fire enabled box. check box
7) reboot pc again
8) go back into ccc and look, crossfire should still be checked
if you plug monitor into 6670 dual graphics will say it is enabled but it is not running in dual graphics. It is only running off the 6670.
You can check by using Unique haven benchmark before and after to see the increase in fps.

If it does not work wipe everything, ccc and all video drivers with driver sweep. And start again, sometimes ccc will get stuck loading a older version at startup of ccc requiring a work around but the easiest way is to just start from scratch.

July 2, 2012 6:22:01 AM

ok i will try..wish me luck;p
July 2, 2012 7:23:57 AM

nop it didnt worked...i need someone with that exact same build pls who has achieved hybrid crossfire
a c 107 U Graphics card
July 2, 2012 7:41:20 AM

2 different opinions on how to do it posted. the video says to hook up to card after installing it, going into BIOS, making changes and then hooking to on board. poster above writes something different. it has to be user error. keep trying.
July 2, 2012 11:46:57 AM

i still cant find any solution to this problem
July 2, 2012 1:06:27 PM

I have 2 Sapphire 5850's in Xfire mode. One is an O.C. model. The other isn't. Just swapping these 2 cards between PCIe slots threw the P.C. for a loop. I had to re-download drivers just for swapping slots. My MoBo has ATI On-Board Graphics, NOT ON CPU. I don't use it....duh....I suggest you make sure MoBo has latest BIOS. It's on the ASUS web site. I don't understand why people are calling this Xfire, what you're trying to do is Hybrid and I'm not so sure it's supposed to be listed as Xfire.
Have you gone into your device manager and checked to see if both GPU's are listed and working properly ? Good Luck
July 2, 2012 3:00:05 PM

when you fist install your os and drivers, you need to run the m/b disk to load the software to get the 6550d to work, it will install ccc and the appropriate run time files. .net 3.0 or 4.0 is needed

after your 6550d is running if you try to install the discrete card using the disk that came with the 6670, it will install another copy of ccc and screw it up.

I had this problem before and solved it by reformatting the the hard drive and starting fresh.

What brand of 6670 are you using ?

July 2, 2012 4:06:30 PM

tourist said:
when you fist install your os and drivers, you need to run the m/b disk to load the software to get the 6550d to work, it will install ccc and the appropriate run time files. .net 3.0 or 4.0 is needed

after your 6550d is running if you try to install the discrete card using the disk that came with the 6670, it will install another copy of ccc and screw it up.

I had this problem before and solved it by reformatting the the hard drive and starting fresh.

What brand of 6670 are you using ?

u mean u have a8 3850+6670 combo and u manage to make it work by refformatting? if so..in what order u did it?
a c 107 U Graphics card
July 2, 2012 4:32:45 PM

you don't need to reformat. you have all the information here to figure out what is wrong. you just need to apply it. the thing with the drivers off the disc that came with your computer...... did you install those ?
July 2, 2012 4:42:25 PM

swifty_morgan said:
you don't need to reformat. you have all the information here to figure out what is wrong. you just need to apply it. the thing with the drivers off the disc that came with your computer...... did you install those ?

trust me ive tried everything...right now i have the latest amd catalyst drivers 12.6 for 6xxx series..i have installed application profiles......and no matter what i do i dont see the crossfire option in the catalyst=ccc
July 2, 2012 4:47:04 PM

What brand of 6670 And what os ???????
July 2, 2012 5:16:20 PM

Is this a fresh installe of win 7 32bit or did you pull hd from another computer ?

Try removing pcie card and uninstalling ccc, run driver sweep if needed then start fresh following my above guide,

Last thing what port in the monitor hooked to ,dvi,displayport,vga ?
July 2, 2012 5:23:46 PM

tourist said:
Is this a fresh installe of win 7 32bit or did you pull hd from another computer ?

Try removing pcie card and uninstalling ccc, run driver sweep if needed then start fresh following my above guide,

Last thing what port in the monitor hooked to ,dvi,displayport,vga ?

i formated this morning....i baught this new pc....i did what u said in the guide
btw 5) boot pc found new hardware will pop up and installe 6670 drivers(drivers are installed with ccc..it doesnt do anything new when i put the 6670)

my monitor has vga but i use an adaptor vga to dvi to plug in the graphics card
July 2, 2012 5:29:07 PM

Ok i was just curious about what port you were using. VGA is perfect

You mean when you installed the 6670, no pop up saying new hardware found ?

What does it say in device manager under display adapters ?
July 2, 2012 5:33:49 PM

tourist said:
Ok i was just curious about what port you were using. VGA is perfect

You mean when you installed the 6670, no pop up saying new hardware found ?

What does it say in device manager under display adapters ?

when i cleaned everything..removed hd6670...botted on integrated>installed ccc>rebooted added hd6670..it didnt pop up any message i think..anyway when i first installl ccc it has already the drivers..maybe it pop up a mesage i dont know

btw what sweeper u use give me a link pls?cause i didnt use sweeper but i think i pretty much uninstalled everything
btw do u have hotmail..so we can talk faster?
July 2, 2012 5:34:28 PM

i meant msn messenger
July 2, 2012 6:01:27 PM

tourist said:
No msn messenger,
driver sweeper- http://download.cnet.com/Driver-Sweeper/3000-2094_4-752...

The pop up should have been visible on the bottom right of screen.

Also go download this .net framework 4.0

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id...

What does it say in device manager ??

i dont know what it says on device manager, am not on my pc now..i think it lists the graphics..anyway ..when to download net framework?i already have it i think
July 2, 2012 6:03:13 PM

btw between thosesteps on your guide..i have "enabled" the dual graphics in bios right?..i will try once more with sweeper
July 2, 2012 6:10:17 PM

Your from the Uk right ? 6-7hours difference in time
I live in fla so when you get back to your pc post again later, you most likely have .net 3.5 that came with win 7 service pack 1. I am wondering if universal plug and play is giving you problems this is why i said download 4.0, Also try disabling any anti virus software you have.
July 2, 2012 6:13:04 PM

am from greece..i will try disable avg, i sweep all drivers...i install framework 4.i will enable dual graphics in bios and then i will try your guide step by step
July 2, 2012 6:13:18 PM

alejandro333 said:
btw between thosesteps on your guide..i have "enabled" the dual graphics in bios right?..i will try once more with sweeper

Before you run sweeper try setting the bios to onboard video only and check to see if dual graphics option is available in ccc.
July 2, 2012 6:14:50 PM

Try it both ways and check ccc each time
a c 107 U Graphics card
July 2, 2012 6:15:05 PM

the netframework will show up at windows update. been there lately ?
July 2, 2012 6:19:55 PM

Good point swifty, he may not be installing updates or have it waiting to be installed.
July 2, 2012 7:54:58 PM

well ive tried everything...and on 5) boot pc found new hardware will pop up and installe 6670 drivers ..it diddnt appear anything in the corner..

in conclusion...balls......ive done everything..and still..am very dissapointed..
a c 107 U Graphics card
July 2, 2012 8:11:34 PM

did you go to windows update ?............ and did you look in the device manager to see if anything needed updating or driver installation ? and did you go to AMD's site for drivers ? and did you install drivers off the motherboard disc ?
July 2, 2012 8:42:21 PM

alejandro333 said:
well ive tried everything...and on 5) boot pc found new hardware will pop up and installe 6670 drivers ..it diddnt appear anything in the corner..

in conclusion...balls......ive done everything..and still..am very dissapointed..

don't give up yet.

You have a pm
July 2, 2012 10:13:36 PM

swifty_morgan said:
did you go to windows update ?............ and did you look in the device manager to see if anything needed updating or driver installation ? and did you go to AMD's site for drivers ? and did you install drivers off the motherboard disc ?

i have a couple updates to do....no i didnt check devic e manager..i dont know how...i went to amd for driver--got catalyst 12.6.. and ive installed a few drivers from the mobo disc..nothing important
July 2, 2012 10:14:10 PM

tourist said:
don't give up yet.

You have a pm

i sended u a pm with the id and pw
a c 107 U Graphics card
July 2, 2012 10:31:04 PM

do the windows update stuff for sure. the "not important" stuff on the disc may be important. you're a newb.

to the device manager: start/mycomputer..... right click on mycomputer/properties/hardware/device manager. see if there's anything with a yellow sticker or question mark.
a c 107 U Graphics card
July 2, 2012 10:32:51 PM

and also......... swap the video card to the other pci-e slot.
July 3, 2012 1:52:07 AM

,,is the option after the 1st(igfx dual graphics) that u can choose integrated or pci card..anyway i choosed pci card

go back to this point and choose integrated NOT PCI , boot pc and check ccc for crossfire option
July 3, 2012 4:26:29 AM

alejandro333

If you read this in the morning, go into bios and set to onboard or integrated and leave it on, i will talk to you when i get to my office, i have a 8am meeting and should be there around 10am fla time. we will get this working for you.
July 3, 2012 5:02:34 AM

swifty_morgan said:
do the windows update stuff for sure. the "not important" stuff on the disc may be important. you're a newb.

to the device manager: start/mycomputer..... right click on mycomputer/properties/hardware/device manager. see if there's anything with a yellow sticker or question mark.

only a few usb slots have yellow mark, i dont have other pci slot..there is only 1 in my mobo f1a75-m
July 3, 2012 5:08:50 AM

i switched it on onboard but nothing..i will do the rest of the updates..i be here 10:40am my time maybe 11:00 at the most
July 3, 2012 3:04:28 PM

alejandro333

Let me know when you are online again
July 3, 2012 3:23:30 PM

tourist said:
alejandro333

Let me know when you are online again

iam now
!