Hybrid crossfire A8+6670 help!

alejandro333

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
i have a pc with: mobo:F1A75-M cpu a8 3850(integrated) +hd 6670
am trying to figure out how to use hybrid crossfire..on catalyst there isnt the tab for crossfire(and thats the main problem),
i enabled on efi/bios on advance tab the igfx for dual graphics..but still nothing, also when u enable that, the 2nd option is suposed not to be highlighted like ive seen on a video,,is the option after the 1st(igfx dual graphics) that u can choose integrated or pci card..anyway i choosed pci card

ive seen on youtube people run that exact combo but they dont explain how they done it

i downloaded latest drivers and application profile...but still nothing

cmon guys i need your help..i builded this cheap pc 2 days ago with the hope i could merge integrated and HD, but it seems am facing a big problem...

thanks

just to be sure you did this right:

Q3: I just bought an AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series graphics card. How do I configure my PC to take advantage of AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics?

A3: To take advantage of AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics, you must use a compatible AMD A-Series APU to pair with your supported AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series card. After installation of your graphics card, install the latest AMD graphics drivers. After driver installation, the option to enable AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics should become available in the AMD VISION Engine Control Center.

Once installed, go into the “Performance” section of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center and check the box that says 'Enable Crossfire™' - this will allow the AMD A-Series APU graphics to work in tandem with the select AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series GPU installed for increased graphics performance.

alejandro333

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
yes i did all this and nothing..and tehre are other people on youtube withmy exact build and use crossfire..and i cant..i dont see the option crossfire on catalyst

2 different opinions on how to do it posted. the video says to hook up to card after installing it, going into BIOS, making changes and then hooking to on board. poster above writes something different. it has to be user error. keep trying.

tjc1937

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
I have 2 Sapphire 5850's in Xfire mode. One is an O.C. model. The other isn't. Just swapping these 2 cards between PCIe slots threw the P.C. for a loop. I had to re-download drivers just for swapping slots. My MoBo has ATI On-Board Graphics, NOT ON CPU. I don't use it....duh....I suggest you make sure MoBo has latest BIOS. It's on the ASUS web site. I don't understand why people are calling this Xfire, what you're trying to do is Hybrid and I'm not so sure it's supposed to be listed as Xfire.
Have you gone into your device manager and checked to see if both GPU's are listed and working properly ? Good Luck

alejandro333

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012

u mean u have a8 3850+6670 combo and u manage to make it work by refformatting? if so..in what order u did it?

alejandro333

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012

trust me ive tried everything...right now i have the latest amd catalyst drivers 12.6 for 6xxx series..i have installed application profiles......and no matter what i do i dont see the crossfire option in the catalyst=ccc

alejandro333

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012

i formated this morning....i baught this new pc....i did what u said in the guide
btw 5) boot pc found new hardware will pop up and installe 6670 drivers(drivers are installed with ccc..it doesnt do anything new when i put the 6670)

my monitor has vga but i use an adaptor vga to dvi to plug in the graphics card

alejandro333

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012

when i cleaned everything..removed hd6670...botted on integrated>installed ccc>rebooted added hd6670..it didnt pop up any message i think..anyway when i first installl ccc it has already the drivers..maybe it pop up a mesage i dont know

btw what sweeper u use give me a link pls?cause i didnt use sweeper but i think i pretty much uninstalled everything
btw do u have hotmail..so we can talk faster?

alejandro333

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012

alejandro333

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
am from greece..i will try disable avg, i sweep all drivers...i install framework 4.i will enable dual graphics in bios and then i will try your guide step by step

alejandro333

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
well ive tried everything...and on 5) boot pc found new hardware will pop up and installe 6670 drivers ..it diddnt appear anything in the corner..

in conclusion...balls......ive done everything..and still..am very dissapointed..

did you go to windows update ?............ and did you look in the device manager to see if anything needed updating or driver installation ? and did you go to AMD's site for drivers ? and did you install drivers off the motherboard disc ?

alejandro333

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012

i have a couple updates to do....no i didnt check devic e manager..i dont know how...i went to amd for driver--got catalyst 12.6.. and ive installed a few drivers from the mobo disc..nothing important