desktop display pictures

whenever i change my desktop picture all the users on the computer desktop
changes to the same picture. this never used to happen and how can i stop it
from happening anymore. i hope you understand what i mean

Becci,

What's the data assigned to "Wallpaper" in this registry key?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

Type Regedit.exe in Start/Run to access the Registry Editor.

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

"Becci" <Becci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> whenever i change my desktop picture all the users on the computer desktop
> changes to the same picture. this never used to happen and how can i stop
> it
> from happening anymore. i hope you understand what i mean

it says C:\WINDOWS\Firefox Wallpaper.bmp. is this what you mean?

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Becci,
>
> What's the data assigned to "Wallpaper" in this registry key?
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
>
> Type Regedit.exe in Start/Run to access the Registry Editor.
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>
> "Becci" <Becci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > whenever i change my desktop picture all the users on the computer desktop
> > changes to the same picture. this never used to happen and how can i stop
> > it
> > from happening anymore. i hope you understand what i mean

Becci,

Does the problem occur when you select a JPG file for your wallpaper?
Windows converts the JPG file (to .BMP) and places a copy in this folder:

%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft

File name: Wallpaper1.bmp

--

> it says C:\WINDOWS\Firefox Wallpaper.bmp. is this what you mean?
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Becci,
>>
>> What's the data assigned to "Wallpaper" in this registry key?
>>
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
>>
>> Type Regedit.exe in Start/Run to access the Registry Editor.
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>>
>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>>
>> "Becci" <Becci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > whenever i change my desktop picture all the users on the computer
>> > desktop
>> > changes to the same picture. this never used to happen and how can i
>> > stop
>> > it
>> > from happening anymore. i hope you understand what i mean

The problem occurs when using a picture from the internet. sorry i should
have said this earlier