desktop display pictures

whenever i change my desktop picture all the users on the computer desktop
changes to the same picture. this never used to happen and how can i stop it
from happening anymore. i hope you understand what i mean
4 answers Last reply
More about desktop display pictures

    Becci,

    What's the data assigned to "Wallpaper" in this registry key?

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

    Type Regedit.exe in Start/Run to access the Registry Editor.

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com

    "Becci" <Becci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > whenever i change my desktop picture all the users on the computer desktop
    > changes to the same picture. this never used to happen and how can i stop
    > it
    > from happening anymore. i hope you understand what i mean

    it says C:\WINDOWS\Firefox Wallpaper.bmp. is this what you mean?

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Becci,
    >
    > What's the data assigned to "Wallpaper" in this registry key?
    >
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
    >
    > Type Regedit.exe in Start/Run to access the Registry Editor.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, MS-MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    >
    > Windows XP Troubleshooting
    > http://www.winhelponline.com
    >
    > Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
    >
    > "Becci" <Becci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > whenever i change my desktop picture all the users on the computer desktop
    > > changes to the same picture. this never used to happen and how can i stop
    > > it
    > > from happening anymore. i hope you understand what i mean

    Becci,

    Does the problem occur when you select a JPG file for your wallpaper?
    Windows converts the JPG file (to .BMP) and places a copy in this folder:

    %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft

    File name: Wallpaper1.bmp

    --

    > it says C:\WINDOWS\Firefox Wallpaper.bmp. is this what you mean?
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Becci,
    >>
    >> What's the data assigned to "Wallpaper" in this registry key?
    >>
    >> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
    >>
    >> Type Regedit.exe in Start/Run to access the Registry Editor.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, MS-MVP
    >> Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> Windows XP Troubleshooting
    >> http://www.winhelponline.com
    >>
    >> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
    >>
    >> "Becci" <Becci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > whenever i change my desktop picture all the users on the computer
    >> > desktop
    >> > changes to the same picture. this never used to happen and how can i
    >> > stop
    >> > it
    >> > from happening anymore. i hope you understand what i mean

    The problem occurs when using a picture from the internet. sorry i should
    have said this earlier

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Becci,
    >
    > Does the problem occur when you select a JPG file for your wallpaper?
    > Windows converts the JPG file (to .BMP) and places a copy in this folder:
    >
    > %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft
    >
    > File name: Wallpaper1.bmp
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, MS-MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    >
    > Windows XP Troubleshooting
    > http://www.winhelponline.com
    >
    > Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
    >
    > "Becci" <Becci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > it says C:\WINDOWS\Firefox Wallpaper.bmp. is this what you mean?
    > >
    > > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Becci,
    > >>
    > >> What's the data assigned to "Wallpaper" in this registry key?
    > >>
    > >> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
    > >>
    > >> Type Regedit.exe in Start/Run to access the Registry Editor.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ramesh, MS-MVP
    > >> Windows Shell/User
    > >>
    > >> Windows XP Troubleshooting
    > >> http://www.winhelponline.com
    > >>
    > >> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
    > >>
    > >> "Becci" <Becci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Configuration Desktops Customization Microsoft Windows XP Displays