Sign in with
Your question

PC won't boot up properly.

Last response: in Systems
August 20, 2012 8:14:29 PM

I went on vacation last week and before I left I turned off mt PC in case of a storm. When I got home yesterday my PC wouldn't turn on. The only things that happens when I hit the power switch is the case fans, LED lights, and the fan on the graffics card come to life. The fan over the CPU did not spin and I can not even get anything to turn on my monitor.

I thought that the problem was either my PSU or my MoBo. I do not have the tools to test out a PSU so I tried re-installing my old MoBo, CPU, and ram to see if the problem persisted. It did, so i went and bought a new PSU and put that in. The problem still persists.

I have no idea where to go from here since I can not even access my BIOS.

Here my system specs.

Antec 900 case
Gigabyte z68X-ud3h-b3 MoBo
Inel i5 2500k CPU
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD7770
2 Kingston hyperX 1866 4g RAM
Antec Quattro 850w PSU
Western Digital Caviar Blue HDD

I hope that I am posting this in the right thread. I am new here so I apologize if I am asking this wrong. Let me know if you think you know the problem as I am getting frustrated.

More about : boot properly

August 20, 2012 8:55:57 PM

Not sure what the problem is, but I'd start by checking to make sure all your parts & cables are firmly in place.
Does the machine POST? (do you have a mobo speaker installed, any beeps?)
A CMOS reset might help

You could try removing the graphics card and booting using the CPU's internal graphics chipset, see if that changes anything
m
l
Related resources
August 20, 2012 9:00:03 PM

I am on my way to work so I will have to try these out tomorrow morning. I'll update you guys when I can.
m
l
August 21, 2012 11:44:53 AM

Ok, all the parts are firmly in place, it does not have a mobo speaker (I am going to try to remedy that when the PC supply center opens up this morning), and the PSU is working fine. I am still at a loss here. All I can hope for is that I can find a mobo speaker then hope that it spits out a code for me to go off of.
:( 
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 21, 2012 3:13:26 PM

the speaker came with your mobo... they might sell them at the store
m
l
August 21, 2012 3:25:57 PM

The MoBo did not come with one. I dug out the box to make sure, because I would have put it in if it had. But, I got it working now. I am actually posting from the PC in question. A CMOS reset seemed to do the trick. I still have no idea what the heck happened.

Thank you to everyone that helped me out I owe you guys one.

:bounce: 
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 21, 2012 3:59:26 PM

No problem :D  glad to help!
m
l
!