[Q] How to get to Ironforge from Tedrassil

I'm about ready to take my Night Elf warrior to Ironforge, but can not find
the {portal, boat, dirgible}. I've been to Darnassus and taken the
teleporter to Ru'ythrean (sic) and discovered the gryphs, as well as taken
the Ship down the coast. Unfortunately, I've not been able to discover the
way off the island. Can someone help me?

Cheers,

Michael T. Peterson wrote:
> I'm about ready to take my Night Elf warrior to Ironforge, but can not find
> the {portal, boat, dirgible}. I've been to Darnassus and taken the
> teleporter to Ru'ythrean (sic) and discovered the gryphs, as well as taken
> the Ship down the coast. Unfortunately, I've not been able to discover the
> way off the island. Can someone help me?

Take the ship to Auberdine. Walk to the dock on the opposite side of
the pier and take the boat to Menethil Bay.

>From there, follow the road as it veers right. (If you're below level
20, plan on this being a death march.) It will take you to the tunnels
which will, eventually, take you to Ironforge.

>From Ironforge, you can take the Tram to Stormwind.

Regards,
Noal

mikel

Michael T. Peterson wrote:
> I'm about ready to take my Night Elf warrior to Ironforge, but can not find
> the {portal, boat, dirgible}. I've been to Darnassus and taken the
> teleporter to Ru'ythrean (sic) and discovered the gryphs, as well as taken
> the Ship down the coast. Unfortunately, I've not been able to discover the
> way off the island. Can someone help me?

Take the ship to Auberdine. When you get off the boat, you are on a
pier. Go to the other end of the pier and catch the boat at that end,
which goes to Menethil Harbor. Run through the Wetlands east and then
south. Go through the tunnels to get to Loch Modan. Then take the road
west through the tunnels to Dun Morogh. Follow the signs to Ironforge or
ask the locals how to get there.

Noal McDonald wrote:

> Michael T. Peterson wrote:
> > I'm about ready to take my Night Elf warrior to Ironforge, but can not find
> > the {portal, boat, dirgible}. I've been to Darnassus and taken the
> > teleporter to Ru'ythrean (sic) and discovered the gryphs, as well as taken
> > the Ship down the coast. Unfortunately, I've not been able to discover the
> > way off the island. Can someone help me?
>
> Take the ship to Auberdine. Walk to the dock on the opposite side of
> the pier and take the boat to Menethil Bay.
>
> >From there, follow the road as it veers right. (If you're below level
> 20, plan on this being a death march.) It will take you to the tunnels
> which will, eventually, take you to Ironforge.

Along this road, stay away from the water. Crocolisks will come from
far and wide for a tasty bite of lower level Elf. The come from the
water, so....

Also, in one of the gaps between tunnels, there are some orcs. Stay to
the left side as much as you can (left as you head towards Dun Morogh)
and you can often get by without problem.

My best, for a low level, was two deaths on the trip :)

Lisa

mikel

Lisa Horton wrote:

> Noal McDonald wrote:
>
>>Michael T. Peterson wrote:
>>
>>>I'm about ready to take my Night Elf warrior to Ironforge, but can not find
>>>the {portal, boat, dirgible}. I've been to Darnassus and taken the
>>>teleporter to Ru'ythrean (sic) and discovered the gryphs, as well as taken
>>>the Ship down the coast. Unfortunately, I've not been able to discover the
>>>way off the island. Can someone help me?
>>
>>Take the ship to Auberdine. Walk to the dock on the opposite side of
>>the pier and take the boat to Menethil Bay.
>>
>>>From there, follow the road as it veers right. (If you're below level
>>20, plan on this being a death march.) It will take you to the tunnels
>>which will, eventually, take you to Ironforge.
>>

> Along this road, stay away from the water. Crocolisks will come from
> far and wide for a tasty bite of lower level Elf. The come from the
> water, so....
>
> Also, in one of the gaps between tunnels, there are some orcs. Stay to
> the left side as much as you can (left as you head towards Dun Morogh)
> and you can often get by without problem.
>
> My best, for a low level, was two deaths on the trip :)

You can get lucky. I did it once with a level 2 and didn't die at all.
But it was a busy day, with lots of folks hunting the nasties.

"Michael T. Peterson" <mtp1032@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm about ready to take my Night Elf warrior to Ironforge, but can not
find
> the {portal, boat, dirgible}. I've been to Darnassus and taken the
> teleporter to Ru'ythrean (sic) and discovered the gryphs, as well as taken
> the Ship down the coast. Unfortunately, I've not been able to discover the
> way off the island. Can someone help me?

The boat should take you to Auberdine, which is on the main Western
continent...

Pepperin

Pepperin wrote:
> Michael T. Peterson wrote
>>the {portal, boat, dirgible}. I've been to Darnassus and taken the
>>teleporter to Ru'ythrean (sic) and discovered the gryphs, as well as taken
>>the Ship down the coast. Unfortunately, I've not been able to discover the
>>way off the island. Can someone help me?

> The boat should take you to Auberdine, which is on the main Western
> continent...

And from Auberdine there is a boat that leaves from the other
pier that takes you to Menethill Harbor. Take the road from
there to Loch Modan, then trek south to Dun Morogh, and east
to Ironforge.

Make sure to pick up the gryphon points in Menethill and
Thelsamer on the way.

--
Nathan Engle Computer Support, IUB Psych Dept
nengle@indiana.edu http://mypage.iu.edu/~nengle

just take boat and die once. then run as ghost all way. so u only die
once and can smoke / eat while "autorun"(i mean the key on keyboard,
not the addon) without getting killed again.

"Michael T. Peterson" <mtp1032@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm about ready to take my Night Elf warrior to Ironforge, but can not
> find the {portal, boat, dirgible}. I've been to Darnassus and taken the
> teleporter to Ru'ythrean (sic) and discovered the gryphs, as well as taken
> the Ship down the coast. Unfortunately, I've not been able to discover the
> way off the island. Can someone help me?

As far as I remember there's a quest that gets you talking to the fish guy
in Darkshore without needing the flight path.

In article <3m0bibF14s4rhU1@individual.net>,
"porl" <porlp@btinternet.com> wrote:

> "Michael T. Peterson" <mtp1032@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > I'm about ready to take my Night Elf warrior to Ironforge, but can not
> > find the {portal, boat, dirgible}. I've been to Darnassus and taken the
> > teleporter to Ru'ythrean (sic) and discovered the gryphs, as well as taken
> > the Ship down the coast. Unfortunately, I've not been able to discover the
> > way off the island. Can someone help me?
>
> As far as I remember there's a quest that gets you talking to the fish guy
> in Darkshore without needing the flight path.

Only if you take the boat. :) Go to the end of the dock and wait.
Eventually, a boat will show up. The boat goes to Auberdine.

--
Joe Claffey | "Make no small plans."
indianajoe3@comcast.net | -- Daniel Burnham

"Indiana Joe" <indianajoe3@comcast.net> wrote in message
> In article <3m0bibF14s4rhU1@individual.net>,
> "porl" <porlp@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> "Michael T. Peterson" <mtp1032@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> > I'm about ready to take my Night Elf warrior to Ironforge, but can not
>> > find the {portal, boat, dirgible}. I've been to Darnassus and taken the
>> > teleporter to Ru'ythrean (sic) and discovered the gryphs, as well as
>> > taken
>> > the Ship down the coast. Unfortunately, I've not been able to discover
>> > the
>> > way off the island. Can someone help me?
>>
>> As far as I remember there's a quest that gets you talking to the fish
>> guy
>> in Darkshore without needing the flight path.
>
> Only if you take the boat. :) Go to the end of the dock and wait.
> Eventually, a boat will show up. The boat goes to Auberdine.

I'm serious, there's a quest that gets you to Auberdine that doesn't require
the boat. I'm 99% sure of it.

On 2005-08-11 17:16:54 +0200, "porl" <porlp@btinternet.com> said:

> "Indiana Joe" <indianajoe3@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> In article <3m0bibF14s4rhU1@individual.net>,
>> "porl" <porlp@btinternet.com> wrote:
>>
>>> As far as I remember there's a quest that gets you talking to the fish guy
>>> in Darkshore without needing the flight path.
>>
>> Only if you take the boat. :) Go to the end of the dock and wait.
>> Eventually, a boat will show up. The boat goes to Auberdine.
>
> I'm serious, there's a quest that gets you to Auberdine that doesn't
> require the boat. I'm 99% sure of it.

Indeed, quest is followup though:
http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?q=233

On the Horde side there is a similar quest in the Undead region. Here
you can gain the flight path from the Sepulcher to the Undercity even
though you've never been to Undercity before. I think every base quest
line has something similar, if only to introduce the concept of 'flight
paths' to the player...
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU

porl wrote:
> I'm serious, there's a quest that gets you to Auberdine that doesn't require
> the boat. I'm 99% sure of it.

There's the quest where you deliver the fishbones to the
guy at Auberdine, but I could have sworn that it's like
the supplies quest for Sentinel Hill or the honor students
mining picks quest in Thelsamer or the horde side meat
delivery from Crossroads in that you have to travel to
the location via conventional means where the quest NPC
orders you to discover the flight point and do the flight.

--

In <2005081117450616807%jack221NOSP@Mhotmailcom> Jack D <jack_221NOSP@Mhotmail.com> writes:

> On the Horde side there is a similar quest in the Undead region. Here
> you can gain the flight path from the Sepulcher to the Undercity even
> though you've never been to Undercity before. I think every base quest
> line has something similar, if only to introduce the concept of 'flight
> paths' to the player...

Players start the game already knowing their home city's flight point.

Are you saying the Sepulcher flight quest works for, say, Orcs who have
never been to Undercity?

--
John Gordon "It's certainly uncontaminated by cheese."
gordon@panix.com

TRENDING THREADS