Where to farm for Dragon Scales?

Any suggestions on the best places to farm for dragon scales...
Preferably solo or a duo.
Level 60 Tauren Hunter would be the soloer (since he's got the
skinning skill presently 300 I need to get some enchants on my
glove).

Black
Red
Green
Blue
Worn

I am needing all types, so if you could say if one spot is better for
a particular type.

Your time and insight are appreciated.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is
indistinguishable from magic."
- Arthur C. Clarke

LewZephyr wrote:
> Any suggestions on the best places to farm for dragon scales...
> Preferably solo or a duo.
> Level 60 Tauren Hunter would be the soloer (since he's got the
> skinning skill presently 300 I need to get some enchants on my
> glove).

The materials for the +Skinning enchant include 3x Green Whelp Scales,
which drop from the Green Dragon Whelps in the SW corner of Swamp of
Sorrows.

On the east wide, surrounding the Sunken Temple are a bunch of ~42
Elite dragonkin that drop them.

Regards,
Noal

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 18:26:12 GMT, LewZephyr <lewiszephyr@clotmail.com>
scribed into the ether:

>Any suggestions on the best places to farm for dragon scales...
>Preferably solo or a duo.
>Level 60 Tauren Hunter would be the soloer (since he's got the
>skinning skill presently 300 I need to get some enchants on my
>glove).
>
>Black

Burning Steppes.

>Red

Can't farm these yourself. Only two places to get these are Blackrock
Spire, and the very high level elite dragons that hang out in that
side-passage in the northeast corner of the Wetlands.

>Green

Also hard to farm yourself. You *can* get them in Swamp of Sorrows but the
best place by far is inside Atal'Hakkar.

>Blue

Azshara. Blue dragonkin are pretty common in Winterspring as well, but
Azshara is easily the best place.

>Worn

Anywhere with dragonkin, the higher level the better. I've found the drop
rate on them in places like the Badlands (which is right next to the Horde
guy who teaches dragonscale leatherworking) to have horrific drop rates.

"LewZephyr" <lewiszephyr@clotmail.com> wrote in message

Worn Dragonscale = Northern Badlands and Duskwallow marsh near Onyxia
instance
Green Dragonscale = Swamp of Sorrows and Sunken Temple
Blue Dragonscale = Southern area of Azshara as well as Southern WinterSpring
Black Dragonscale = Burning Steppes
Red Dragonscale = East corner of wetlands

Matt Frisch wrote:

> There's a farmer on my server who literally never leaves azshara except to
> go to Orgrimmar and sell. He nearly always has 8-10 full stacks of blue
> scales for sale (at like 30 gold each...as if).
>
> I've found the blues in Winterspring to be major pains in the ass,
> honestly. First, there's that named drake that buzzes around, and nobody
> can solo him, then all the whelps are linked and mana drain so you end up
> with 7-8 of them at once with no mana. Winterspring bad.

I think there's a farmer doing that on every server, riding through
Azshara at any time of day he will be there.

Whelps you should be able to do without attracting more than one group.
Well maybe two as their pathing is hard to work out and they cross a
lot. I was able to deal with a pull of three if I took out the mana
drainer first and then the other two after a FD. Haven't tried them
recently with better gear, but I don't think they could be worse than
killing plagueland bats to collect eyes for the faire. (attack bat,
hound joins in, kill bat, gargoyle attacks, kill hound, start on
gargoyle and look for safe place to run for range, hope no more hounds
appear, rinse and repeat)

Cameron