Sign in with
Your question

Fortron FSP500 60APN vs Chieftec GPS-600A8

Last response: in Components
January 4, 2013 4:10:57 PM

So I can't make up my mind which one of these to get. Fortron is the more popular brand, but on the other hand the Chieftec model is made by CWT. The Chieftec obviously has more juice, a lot more on 12V rail and 2x 6+2 pins.
I'm planning to use it on 7770 OR if Chieftec is good enough might get a 560 ti.
Inb4 just get Corsair, its almost impossible to find it in my country.
a b ) Power supply
January 5, 2013 3:26:27 PM

do not go with thermaltake very bad powersupplies except a few, go with fortron as its quality is better than both chieftec and thermaltake :) 

January 5, 2013 3:30:51 PM

Hmm but the review says its pretty decent for the money :/ . Also I heard the APN Fortron series isn't that good.
a b ) Power supply
January 5, 2013 3:32:34 PM

thermal take is junk dude, seriously find me a decent review that says otherwise,

the fortron is so much better quality anyday of the week and chieftec is meh.

January 5, 2013 3:44:32 PM

I agree that Fortron is the better brand of the two, but then again its rather odd I can't find any reviews for this particular series - which leads me to belive that its not that great, while there are 2 reviews (including the one I already linked which seems decent to me) telling me that the ThermalTake is a good PSU.
Here is another review
http://www.gnd-tech.com/content/839-Thermaltake-SMART-6...
a b ) Power supply
January 5, 2013 4:40:38 PM

thermal take isnt good quality only the highend models work decently,

u can take the thermaltake if u want but if it dies out dont say i dint warn u :) 

January 5, 2013 5:00:07 PM

Great now I'm not so sure anymore. Would really appreciate input from more people
a b ) Power supply
January 5, 2013 5:28:38 PM

whats ur budget? i can recommand something alternative to the above.

January 5, 2013 5:36:56 PM

I live in a shithole (Bosnia), these are the best ones that fit my budget trust me :D . We are plagued with crappy MSIs and Codegens, its impossible to find a Corsair, seasonic 380w costs about 65 euros, 430w skyrockets to 80 euros, and thats the lowest tiers of Seasonics. Other brands have no presence here - you might get em but the ones that cost 100 dollars on newegg are about 150 euros here.
a b ) Power supply
January 6, 2013 12:00:46 AM

well whynot go for the forton, its ur best bet i think, in ur price range.

a b ) Power supply
January 6, 2013 3:50:38 AM

that list means nothing, seriously. i already know the fortrons better than that piece of junk of thermaltake.

goodluck :) 
!