Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Please help with gaming PC upgrade

Last response: in CPUs
January 4, 2013 4:35:21 PM

Hi all,

Looking to upgrade my Gaming PC. I do alot of gaming (MMO/BlkOps/Skyrim/Starcraft) and work with photoshop. I want to upgrade my PC to make it faster and better for gaming. A few people had suggersted for me to overclock my CPU and buy a better GPU (670GTX or 680). I Do NOT want to overclock! I no nothing about overclocking and cant afford to fry anything. If someone had a list of fool proof instructions then I might consider overclocking. But it's to risky....So can you suggest some options for my upgrade?

I have about $800 to $1000 to spend.

This is what I am currently running.

Windows 7 --64
i7 920 @ 2.67
Asus P6T (not the Deluxe)
Geforce GTX 570 1028mb
Corsair XMS3 6gd DDR3 1333MHZ--Need to upgrade somtime in the future!
Samsung 1tb sata & 300gb HD---KEEPING
Corsair 850TX power supply---KEEPING

Thanks for all your help

More about : gaming upgrade

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 4, 2013 5:23:36 PM

Ok, the best idea is to keep your current system until the new Hasewell CPUs to come out and the new HD 8XX and GTX 7XX then do the upgrade. Upgraiding right now is pointless since you have a good system.

Post a new thread in the Overclocking section and you'll read and get instructions about how to overclock without damaging your stuff. I'm running my CPU OCed 24/7 for 2 years now.
January 4, 2013 5:29:39 PM

ilysaml said:
Ok, the best idea is to keep your current system until the new Hasewell CPUs to come out and the new HD 8XX and GTX 7XX then do the upgrade. Upgraiding right now is pointless since you have a good system.

Post a new thread in the Overclocking section and you'll read and get instructions about how to overclock without damaging your stuff. I'm running my CPU OCed 24/7 for 2 years now.

Hi ilysaml,

Thanks for getting back to me. You are not the first person to suggest waiting for Hasewell products. I am strongly considering waiting. Thanks again
m
l
January 4, 2013 5:30:02 PM

Best answer selected by s1lent.
m
l
!