Solved

Multiple display performance

Looking for some graphics troubleshooting help.

I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 6950, only GPU in my computer. When I enable my second monitor my framerate sits at 60 in games/windows/whatever (everywhere) then drops to ~25-30, then back to 60. It does each for about 10 seconds and goes back and forth. What I have running doesn't affect the frequency or severity of the framerate drop. This occurs on both displays.

I had attributed it to 2 displays being extra strain on the graphics card because I only noticed it in games, but today I've been watching it and it's happening always. Turning off the second display puts me at a flawless 60 fps with no dips.

Is this common, or does anyone have any idea what the issue would be?

Full specs if needed:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB
Power Supply: Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about multiple display performance
  1. Best answer
    This happened to me on my 6850 on a single monitor. What I did is re install the drivers. Delete the old ones and install the new ones. Now I have two screens as they run fine. I also re installed windows but I'm sure you don't need to do that.
  2. Thank you very much for the response. Completely uninstalling the drivers and installing the newest version has 100% fixed the issue. Thanks!
  3. Best answer selected by dbptwg.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics