Sign in with
Your question

I5 3570k iGPU question

Last response: in CPUs
January 4, 2013 4:54:33 PM

hello all i just recenlty relised that i dident install the drivers for the iGPU so its not actule being used on my system. I see u have to turn of the pc and disconect ur graphics card in order for it to install and work..but thats quite long and im a bit lazy. I have 2 questions.

If i allready have a 7970 as my main gpu, Will installing the iGPU as secondery give me a boost in performance or will it not do anything?

if i allready have a semi stable overclock of 4.5 will installing the iGPU meen i have to redoo an overclock.

More about : 3570k igpu question

a c 142 à CPUs
January 5, 2013 3:10:18 AM

domfather said:
hello all i just recenlty relised that i dident install the drivers for the iGPU so its not actule being used on my system. I see u have to turn of the pc and disconect ur graphics card in order for it to install and work..but thats quite long and im a bit lazy. I have 2 questions.

If i allready have a 7970 as my main gpu, Will installing the iGPU as secondery give me a boost in performance or will it not do anything?

if i allready have a semi stable overclock of 4.5 will installing the iGPU meen i have to redoo an overclock.

You can't crossfire Intel integrated graphics with a video card. You can use one or the other but not both at the same time. If you don't install the integrated graphics drivers it will still work but it will default to very low resolution and images will be distorted until you intall the integrated graphics drivers.
January 5, 2013 3:26:42 AM

Yup! ^^^ +1
rds1220 said:
You can't crossfire Intel integrated graphics with a video card. You can use one or the other but not both at the same time. If you don't install the integrated graphics drivers it will still work but it will default to very low resolution and images will be distorted until you intall the integrated graphics drivers.

a c 459 à CPUs
January 5, 2013 7:24:23 AM

The best thing to do is to think of the integrated graphics core as an emergency backup. If your Radeon HD 7970 were to suddenly and completely die, then you can connect the Intel HD 4000 to the monitor to search for a new graphics card.
!