I hope this is the right place for this question. I just got my new pc today and after removing the internal packaging i noticed the 2 case fans ( Top and rear), had a switch on them for which i can only presume is the fan speed Low, Med, High.
With the below specs what setting would you guys suggest i should have the fans on. Currently I have it set to medium.
- Case: Antec 300 Gaming Case - Black
- Power Supply: Corsair GS 600w PSU
- CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K 3.40GHz
- Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard
- Cooler: Stock CPU Cooler
- RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
- Hard Drive: 500GB HDD
- Graphics Card: Sapphire HD 7870 2gb ghz edition
- Sound: Realtek 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)
- Optical Drive: OcUK 24x DVD+/-RW SATA Drive
Im not some sort of genius and do not know what temps are safe nor do i know how to monitor them so please use simple terms as I am still learning the ropes.
Thanks for the reply noidea_77. Sorry if this sounds a stupid question. But i'm presuming the one fans pulls air from the case and one blows air in for better airflow?
In reply to mcnumpty23, I bought the K version so I could overclock the cpu when i needed to. And when I decide to, I will obviously buy a decent heatsink. I was told by OCUK who built the machine that a stock cooler was capable of keep the cpu cool.